Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Regal Cinemas Clifton Park Stadium 10 & RPX
Clifton Park, NY
Add Your Comments
- Yuma, AZ: Main Street Cinemas Reopens January 30, 2015 [1/28]
- Austin, TX: Bob Bullock IMAX Theatre Closed Temporarily for Digital Conversion [1/26]
- Springfield, MA: Entertainment Cinemas - Springfield Plaza Closed [1/25]
- Valley Stream, NY: Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas Closed [1/23]
- Bedford, NY: Bow Tie Bedford Playhouse Closes [1/22]
- Ellsworth, ME: Maine Coast Cinemas 2 Closed [1/22]
- Clinton, MO: B & B Theatres Takes Over Missouri Cinema 6 [1/19]
- Marcus Theatres Adding Amenities to Select Locations [1/19]
- Kelso, WA: Regal Three Rivers Mall 12 & RPX Opens While Regal Three Rivers Mall 5 and Regal Triangle Cinemas 4 Close [1/16]
- 2015 Academy Award Nominations Announced [1/15]
Regal Entertainment Group has announced the details for the Grand Re-Opening of the Regal Cinemas Clifton Park Stadium 10 & RPX in Clifton Park, New York. The newly remodeled theater now has 10 screens and will have its official Grand Re-Opening on Friday, November 18, 2011.
The theater was formerly called the Regal Cinemas Clifton Park Center 8, which closed in January 2011 for upgrades.
As its name implies, one of the auditoriums is Regal's big-screen RPX concept, which is an upgraded experience with a larger screen, upgraded sound system, and other amenities. Typically, such concepts also come with a larger admission price, and this location is no different. An adult evening ticket in the RPX screen will cost $15.50 vs. $11.00 for a non-RPX showing.
“This state-of-the-art theatre is unique to the Capital Region. Our loyal moviegoers in the Albany area will be impressed by the powerful presentation provided by RPX – the Regal Premium Experience,” stated Dick Westerling, Regal Entertainment Group Senior Vice President of Marketing and Advertising. “Regal Entertainment Group is thrilled to continue serving the greater Albany area with this remarkable entertainment center.”
The RPX auditorium is capable of 2D and RealD 3D presentations, and an unspecified number of other auditoriums are also capable of 3D presentations. (3D presentations cost an extra $4.00 in the non-RPX screens)
The public is invited to check out the new theater the week before the Grand Re-Opening with Preview Events that feature discounted admission and concession prices with the proceeds benefitting local charities:
Monday, November 14: “Sharing, Caring & Hope”
Sponsored by the Times Union, proceeds to benefit HOPE Fund
Tuesday, November 15: “Regal Salutes the Troops”
Sponsored by WNYT-NBC-TV/News Channel 13, proceeds to benefit Books for Troops
Wednesday, November 16: “Regal’s Family Fun Day”
Sponsored by Albany Broadcasting, proceeds to benefit CAPTAIN Youth Services
Customers will receive free popcorn and soft drinks with paid admission between November 18th - 20th.
About Regal Entertainment Group
Regal Entertainment Group bills itself as the largest motion picture exhibitor in the United States. Operating under the brands of Regal Cinemas, United Artists Theatres, and Edwards Theatres, it operates 6,605 screens in 528 locations in 37 states and the District of Columbia.
Source: Regal Entertainment Group Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.