Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Greenfield, WI: Silver Cinemas - Budget South Closed [11/24]
- Bakersfield, CA: IMAX Coming to Reading Cinemas Valley Plaza 16 [11/23]
- Pagedale, MO: 24:1 Cinema Now Open [11/23]
- Wentzville, MO: B & B Wentzville Tower 12 Now Open [11/23]
- Princeton, NJ: AMC Marketfair 10 Now Open [11/23]
- Tacoma, WA: Century Point Ruston and XD Now Open [11/19]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" in Dolby Cinema [11/17]
- Battle Creek, MI: Former Cheap Flicks to Open in 2016 [11/11]
- Fort Collins, CO: Cinemark Movie Bistro and XD Now Open [11/10]
- La Quinta, CA: Century La Quinta and XD Now Open [11/6]
There will be a new Century Theatres location at The Dunes on Monterey Bay in Marina, California in 2013, according to a press release by parent company Cinemark Holdings, Inc.
The new 10-screen location will be located in the Dunes on Monterey Bay shopping center near Highway 1 and Imjin Parkway. When it's complete, the shopping center will have retail space and restaurants mixed with homes, neighborhood parks, and the beach.
When it opens in 2013, the theater is planned to seat 1,650 moviegoers and will feature one of the company's XD big-screen concept screens. XD (Extreme Digital) auditoriums feature larger screens, upgraded sound systems, plush seating, and a Digital Cinema Projection system.
As of December 31, 2011, Cinemark Holdings, Inc. operated 456 locations in 39 states, as well as in Brazil, Mexico, and 11 other Latin American countries under the Century Theatres, CinéArts, and Tinseltown brands.
Source: Cinemark Press Release
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
This project has been delayed by higher-than-expected bids on the construction project, according to an article in the Contra Costa Times:
2014 is the soonest the theater could be completed, according to a statement released by the city of Marina.
From the Monterey Herald on December 10, 2013:
"The Marina City Council narrowly approved two sweeteners on Tuesday, including a $275,000 payment to the Cinemark theater chain, to bring a five-screen theater to the Dunes development. "
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.