Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Century at Pacific Commons
Add Your Comments
- Allen, TX: Renovations Coming to Cinemark Allen 16 and XD [9/21]
- Danvers, MA: Hollywood Hits Theatre Closed [9/12]
- Chattanooga, TN: Regal Hamilton Place 8 Reopens [9/9]
- Waukee, IA: Proposed Theater Plans Include Largest IMAX Screen in U.S. [9/8]
- San Jose, CA: Camera 12 to Close Friday [9/8]
- Lexington, KY: Cinemark Movies 10 - Woodhill Closed [9/7]
- Oxford, ME: Flagship Cinemas Reopens as Luxury Theater [9/6]
- New York, NY: AMC Announces Reserved Seating at All Manhattan AMC Locations [9/1]
- Pleasant Hills, PA: Carmike Southland 9 Closed [8/25]
- New York, NY: Landmark Theatres Plans New 8-Screen Theater [8/24]
The Century at Pacific Commons in Fremont, California is set to open on Friday, April 20, 2012, according to a press release issued today by parent company Cinemark Holdings, Inc.
The new 16-screen theater will feature Digital Cinema Projection systems throughout, and eight of those auditoriums will have 3D capability as well. One of the screens will be Cinemark's big-screen concepts that they market as XD (Extreme Digital Cinema). The press release touts the XD screen as the largest XD screen in the Bay Area.
"We are pleased to be bringing Hollywood back to the Fremont community. It has been almost five years since this city has enjoyed its own neighborhood theatre," states Tim Warner, Chief Executive Officer. "Our new high-tech theatre featuring NextGen auditoriums offers the perfect environment for enjoying some of Hollywood's most anticipated summer blockbusters like The Avengers, Men In Black III, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Dark Night Rises and many more."
There will be a self-service concession stand, serving freshly popped popcorn, Coca Cola products, candy, and hot food, such as chicken tenders, buffalo wings, jalapeno poppers, breaded shrimp, cheese poppers, mini cheeseburgers, and fries.
We expect to have showtimes for the theater very soon, so head over to its Showtimes page and mark it as one of your Favorite Theaters for easy access in the future!
Grand Opening Activities
To celebrate the grand opening, the theater is holding special events on opening weekend. The first 50 customers on Friday and Saturday who purchase a ticket at the box office will receive a "movie swag bag" with a Battleship-themed iPad case, refillable popcorn tub, and Earth Day items. Several radio stations will be on-site on Friday and Saturday as well.
Cinemark Holdings, Inc. operates nearly 300 theaters in the United States under the Century Theatres, CinéArts, Tinseltown, and Cinemark brands.
Source: Cinemark Holdings, Inc. Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.