Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Studio Movie Grill - Wheaton
Add Your Comments
- Saline, MI: Opening Date for Emagine Saline is March 18, 2017 [2/22]
- Green Bay, WI: Silver Cinemas - East Town Budget Cinemas Closed [2/10]
- Milwaukee, WI: Former State Theater Severely Damaged by Fire [2/10]
- Lincoln, NE: Recliners Coming to Marcus Lincoln Grand Cinema [2/9]
- Orlando, FL: Cinemark Movie Theater Changes Name After Artegon Marketplace Closure [2/6]
- Kalamazoo, MI: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Closing in April 2017, New Operator Expected [2/6]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Soft Opening on February 7, 2017 [2/1]
- Englewood, CO: UA Greenwood Plaza 12 Closed [1/31]
- Huntington Beach, CA: Regency Charter Centre Cinemas 5 Closed [1/31]
- Sitka, AK: Coliseum Theatre - Sawmill Creek Plaza Closed, Downtown Location Remains Open [1/31]
Earlier this month, Studio Movie Grill announced that it would be opening its first Chicagoland location in late May 2012.
The Studio Movie Grill - Wheaton in Wheaton, Illinois will be located where the CO Rice Lake Square formerly served movie customers. That theater was closed in 2003 and became the site of a Linen's N Things retail store, until that closed. Now, the site is coming full circle and showing movies once again. It is unclear if the building is the same, or if the original theater building was demolished in the process of these changes.
The new nine-screen theater is described in the press release as follows:
Housed in a 40,000-square-foot, nine-screen, upscale theatre, SMG Wheaton will mirror many of the creature comforts of a home theatre with its spacious, comfortable leather recliners and dining tables. A dedicated bar, lounge, and lobby area are planned for the new space providing guests an opportunity to unwind before and after their theatre experience in an environment unlike the traditional megaplex theater. The ambience of the modern lounge area evokes a sense of calmness with a rich, earthly color palette offset by textured materials and smooth stone surfaces.
This is the first Illinois location for Studio Movie Grill, which currently has eight other locations in Arizona, Georgia, and Texas.
If this new theater sounds interesting to you, be sure to visit their Showtimes page and mark the theater as one of your Favorite Theaters. That will make it easy to find them in the future, and when they get closer to opening and start publishing showtimes, they will appear automatically on your Favorite Theaters view in movie showtimes listings.
Source: Studio Movie Grill Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.