Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Starplex Cinemas - East Brunswick
East Brunswick, NJ
- "The Interview" Release Scrapped [12/17]
- Des Moines, IA: Flix Brewhouse to Open in Merle Hay Mall December 17, 2014 [12/16]
- Des Moines, IA: Merle Hay Mall Cinema Closes, Flix Brewhouse to Open in Mall on Wednesday [12/16]
- Rocklin, CA: Studio Movie Grill Opening Soon [12/12]
- Baldwin, NY: Bow Tie Grand Avenue Cinemas Closed [12/11]
- Next James Bond Movie Has a Title: "Spectre" - Look at the Poster, the Car, see the Cast List, and watch the Announcement! [12/4]
- Carlsbad, CA: Moviemax Closes, Regal Carlsbad 12 Set to Open December 11, 2014 [12/3]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Theatres Takes Over Former Regal Glen 10 Location [11/18]
- Hornell, NY: Movie Theater to Reopen in December [11/18]
- West Valley City, UT: Carmike Ritz 15 - Hollywood Connection Closed [11/17]
The MEGA Movies at Brunswick Square in East Brunswick, New Jersey became the Starplex Cinemas - East Brunswick effective today. An article published by the New Brunswick Patch says that MEGA Movies owner Howard Grant said that the mall management would not renew his lease, and that Starplex Cinemas would be taking over the space effective today:
On Wednesday, owner Howard Grant informed the East Brunswick Patch that mall management would not be renewing its lease after almost two decades.
According to a statement from the mall’s management, Simon Property Group, Starplex Cinemas will be taking over the theater’s operation starting Thursday, May 3.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
Posts on the MEGA Movies Facebook page stated that they weren't sure if the new operator was going to honor any current promotions or gift cards, so if you have a gift card for MEGA Movies, you'll need to contact the theater to find out more information. Sooner is probably better than later, as they will most likely be more willing to work with you on such things right after the transition has happened, rather than a month from now.
The Patch article above does mention that Starplex intends to upgrade the seating in the theater and to install Digital Cinema Projection systems in all the auditoriums.
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.