Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
- 2014 Academy Award Winners [3/2]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Planning June 2014 Opening [2/27]
- St. Joseph, MO: Screenland Plaza 8 Closing March 2, 2014 [2/27]
- Saint Charles, IL: Improvements Coming to Classic Cinemas Charlestowne 18 [2/26]
- Fort Collins, CO: Cinemark Coming to Foothills Mall [2/26]
- Glen Burnie, MD: UA Marley Station 8 Closed [2/26]
- Willoughby Hills, OH: Big Cinemas Phoenix Willoughby Hills Closed [2/24]
The Sebastopol 9 Cinemas in Sebastopol, California was opened in 1995 by the Cinema West chain, but the theater now has a new owner and a new name to go with it. The Rialto Cinemas - Sebastopol appears to have opened to the public under its new owner and name on May 4, 2012.
Moviegoers who enjoy independent movies may recognize the new owner Rialto Cinema's name, as it owned the Rialto Cinemas Lakeside (now the Summerfield Cinemas) on the other side of Santa Rosa until 2010 (read the related Journal Article).
The Press Democrat in Santa Rosa published an article on April 28th about the transition of the theater's ownership and what kind of fare audiences can expect:
Almost two years after Ky Boyd surrendered the lease to his Rialto Cinemas Lakeside independent-film theater in Santa Rosa and vowed to find another venue, he is purchasing the Sebastopol Cinemas.
“We're going to present a full spectrum of cinema” at what will become the reborn Rialto Cinemas in downtown Sebastopol, Boyd said.
The nine-screen theater will offer the sorts of art, foreign, classic and documentary films he showed for a decade on five screens in the theater on Santa Rosa's Summerfield Road, across from Howarth Park. He'll add mainstream and family movies in the league of “Moneyball,” “The Help” and “The Ides of March.”
Click the Read link below for the full article.
To see what's currently playing at the Rialto Cinemas - Sebastopol, head over to their Showtimes page and make your plans to enjoy a movie the Rialto Cinemas way!
Related News Articles
- Surprise plot twist for Rialto operator - Press Democrat, 3/20/2012
Have You Been to the New Rialto Cinemas?
If you've been to the theater since they re-opened, was it what you expected? Were you a fan of the Lakeside location and glad that Rialto Cinemas has a permanent home again?
Leave your comments below!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.