Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Paradise Theatre
West Allis, WI
Add Your Comments
- Andalusia, AL: Clark Theatres - Andalusia Cinema Now Open [4/14]
- New York, NY: Quad Cinema Reopens After Renovation Project [4/14]
- Laramie, WY: Studio City UW + ARQ Opening on April 28, 2017 [4/13]
- Mobile, AL: Crescent Theater to Close [4/11]
- Dallas, OR: Motor Vu Drive-In Not Reopening for 2017 Season [4/11]
- Stanton, KY: Mountain View Drive-In Will Not Reopen for 2017 Season [4/11]
- Arlington, TX: Cinemark at Former Six Flags Mall Closes [4/10]
- Shakopee, MN: Grand Opening of Marcus Southbridge Crossing Cinema Planned for April 13, 2017 [4/8]
- Select AMC and Carmike Locations Transferred to New Vision Theatres [4/7]
- Arvada, CO: Landmark Olde Town Stadium 14 Sold [4/6]
The Business Blogs section of the Journal Sentinel is reporting that the reported sale of the Paradise Theatre in West Allis, Wisconsin is now complete, and the church is planning to begin a $2.2 million restoration project:
The Paradise Theater building, in West Allis, has been sold to a church that is starting work to transform the former cinema into a sanctuary.
Paradise LLC has sold the 31,600-square-foot building, at 6217-6301 W. Greenfield Ave., to Epikos Church for $62,500, said Adam Matson, of NAI MLG Commercial, who represented Epikos.
Brian Parrish, of Dickman Co. represented Paradise LLC, an investors group led by Courtney Hollis, wife of Jay Hollis, former owner of Rosebud Cinema Drafthouse.
Church officials previously outlined plans to make the former theater a second location for Epikos, now located at 2308 E. Belleview Place. The church has nearly 500 members, some of whom live in West Allis and other areas on Milwaukee's west side.
The restoration, including a new roof, new windows and new mechanical systems, will cost an estimated $2.2 million, said Epikos Pastor Danny Parmelee. He said the church is embarking on a fundraising campaign, and has been contacting lenders to help finance the project.
The church hopes to begin renovations this summer, with completion by summer of next year, Parmelee said.
Click the Read link below for the full article.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.