Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Magic Valley Cinema 13
Twin Falls, ID
Add Your Comments
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
- North Bethesda, MD: Luxury iPic Movie Theater and Restaurant Coming to Pike & Rose [10/7]
- Hilo, HI: Regal Kress Cinemas 4 Closed [10/3]
- "Interstellar" to be Released on 35mm, 70mm, and 70mm IMAX Film Two Days Early - See Why and Where [10/2]
- Huber Heights, OH: Rave Cinemas Huber Heights 16 Getting Luxury Recliners, Upgraded Lobby and Concession Area [10/2]
- Londonderry, NH: Apple Tree Mall Cinema 12 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
- Lansing, IL: Lansing Cinema 8 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
- Fort Lauderdale, FL: AutoNation IMAX 3D Theater Closed for Renovation - Reopening Scheduled for October 10, 2014 [9/29]
- Sunrise, FL: Frank Theatres - Sunrise 11 Reopens as AMC Sunrise 8 [9/29]
- Springfield, OR: Discount Cinemark Movies 12 Closing [9/26]
Moviegoers that lamented the closure last year of the 6-screen Odyssey Theatre in Twin Falls, Idaho have reason to rejoice this weekend, as the theater has re-opened today as the 13-screen Magic Valley Cinema 13. New owner Cinema West has ventured outside of California for the first time, and based on the reports from local news outlets, it appears they are making a good first impression:
from 1310 KLIX:
After spending a few minutes inside and taking a few pics, I have to say that these guys have big plans and it’s obvious from the time you walk through the door, they’re on their way.
I’m not sure how to convey the sheer size of the interior. It’s one of those buildings that’s WAY bigger on the inside that it appears to be from outside. The foyer is gigantic and includes open access to the mall.
from the Magic Valley Times-News:
Magic Valley Cinema 13, which opens with shows on all 13 screens at 12:05 a.m. May 25, has just about every new gizmo a film buff could want. Except film, of course.
Chairs lurch to the vibrations on screen, making moviegoers feel they are caught in the action. Earphones describe each scene for the visually impaired. Other viewers may choose to follow the flick’s plot via closed captioning in their select languages.
The new theater in Magic Valley Mall has strictly digital projection and sound in both 2D and 3D.
But it’s the “D Box Motion Seating” that has everybody talking. General Manager John Eickhof said it consists of 19 chairs in two rows of one theater that will move as though in an earthquake, avalanche or high-speed chase.
The new theater boasts high-backed rocking loveseats in a stadium seating configuration, with some seats featuring D-Box motion on certain movies. Every auditorium features Digital Cinema Projection systems capable of 2D and 3D presentations, and their "Giant Screen" has a 55-foot wide screen, according to their web site.
We're expecting showtimes from the theater shortly, so keep an eye on their Showtimes page for a list of what's playing and when. If you visit the theater, be sure to post a message on the Reader Comments for the theater!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.