Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Titanic 
- Titanic 3D 
- Titanic: An IMAX 3D Experience 
- Titanic Fan Premier Event 
Add Your Comments
- 23 Bond Movies for $75 at FoxConnect [12/4]
- Get a Free Song Download with Fandango Ticket Purchase for "Annie" [12/2]
- Save up to $10 on Fandango Gift Cards - Expires 12/25/2014 [12/2]
- "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Coming to Home Video December 16, 2014 [10/1]
- "Transformers: Age of Extinction" Released on Home Video - Links & Reviews [9/30]
- Listen to Lorde's New Song for "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1" [9/29]
- "Hercules" Coming to Home Video November 4, 2014 - Theatrical and Extended Cut [9/24]
- Purchase Deborah Willis' Book "Reflections in Black" [8/27]
- "Edge of Tomorrow" Effectively Renamed in Home Video Release [8/21]
- Soundtrack for "If I Stay" Features Music from Willamette Stone and Others [8/4]
James Cameron's epic Titanic was released in 1997 and went on to break all kinds of records, as well as winning 11 Academy Awards. In April of this year, he released a 3D conversion of the movie, and it did pretty well, staying in the top 10 in the box office for three consecutive weeks.
A Blu-ray release was inevitable, and yesterday, the studios involved provided some details about the release and it is already available for pre-order from retailers like Amazon.com:
Commented James Cameron, “Blu-ray extends Titanic’s immersive 3D theatrical experience into audiences’ homes, where their living room becomes the backdrop for big spectacular environments and intense action, as well as profoundly intimate human moments, allowing generations of fans – new and old – to truly become part of the movie like never before.”
According to the press release, the Blu-ray releases will feature more than 2.5 hours of all-new bonus footage including a documentary about the movie with James Cameron. It sounds as though the excellent documentary that was on the National Geographic channel back in April where James Cameron brings together a group of experts to go over the sinking and examine what the movie got right, what theories don't hold water, and just how the sinking happened now that they have the benefit of all the research that has been done.
There will be 29 deleted scenes (maybe in one of them, Rose actually hits the same place twice with that axe), an alternate ending, 60 behind the scenes featurettes, 2,000 photos, and more.
How much would you expect to pay for all this? Well, Amazon has the 3D and 2D combo packs for $29.99 and $22.99 respectively, and their Pre-order Price Guarantee is a good way of hedging your bets against any bargain pricing at Best Buy or WalMart on the week of release. Check out the links above for all the details and to pre-order your copy today!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.