Remove ads with our VIP Service
- The Movies at Montgomery Mall
Add Your Comments
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
- AMC Theatres to Install IMAX in 11 Locations in Chicago, New York, Newark, and Phoenix [8/19]
- Austin, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - South Lamar Reopens [8/18]
- West Melbourne, FL: Grand Opening of Carmike West Melbourne 12 on August 13, 2014 [8/11]
- Montgomery, AL: Carmike Chantilly 13 Now Open [8/8]
- Salt Lake City, UT: Megaplex to Build 10-Screen Movie Theater at Cottonwood Development [8/2]
- Boston, MA: Museum of Science Opens 4-D Theater [7/31]
- Covington, LA: Movie Tavern Northshore Opening July 31, 2014 [7/25]
- Youngstown, OH: Cinemark Movies 8 Reopens as Boardman Movies 8 [7/18]
- "The Giver: World Premiere Red Carpet Event" Coming to Select Theaters Ahead of Movie's Release [7/14]
ArcLight Cinemas signed off on a lease for a new location at Westfield Montgomery Mall in Bethesda, Maryland this week, according to a press release issued by the company.
“We’ve created a unique experience at ArcLight Cinemas and we want to share our love of film with movie lovers across the country,” said Chris Forman, CEO of ArcLight Cinemas. “Bethesda provides us with a great opportunity to build an ArcLight community on the East Coast and redefine the way people enjoy their movies.”
Construction on the new 16-screen theater will begin in early 2013, with the opening scheduled for 2014.
The Bethesda Patch reports that the new theater is part of a redevelopment plan for the Westfield Montgomery Mall:
A movie theater is planned as a part of the Bethesda mall’s upcoming redevelopment, which will also feature upscale restaurants in a renovated and expanded dining terrace.
As the theater tenant, ArcLight will bring a 16-screen, state-of-the-art movie complex to Westfield, with the mall’s current three-screen cinema converted to retail shops, according to a statement.
This news would make it clear that The Movies at Montgomery Mall will cease to exist and the new ArcLight theater will be a completely new construction project.
ArcLight Cinemas currently operates four locations in California (two of the listed entries are adjacent), so this will be its first foray on the East Coast. The Los Angeles Times is reporting that this is the first of several theaters that the chain plans to open in the next three years in the East and Midwest regions of the country.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.