Remove ads with our VIP Service
- iPic Theaters at The Arboretum of South Barrington
South Barrington, IL
- Studio Movie Grill - Wheaton
Add Your Comments
- Grand Prairie, TX: Luxury Lounger Seats Coming to Cinemark Grand Prairie Movies 16 [3/6]
- 2015 Academy Award Winners [2/22]
- Vista, CA: Krikorian MetroPlex 15 at Vista Village Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Vista [2/19]
- Pico Rivera, CA: Krikorian Pico Rivera Village Walk 15 Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Pico Rivera [2/19]
- Los Angeles World Premiere of "Focus" on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 [2/19]
- Bloomington, IL: Carmike Ovation Cinema 10 Now Open [2/18]
- Joliet, IL: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [2/11]
- Yulee, FL: Grand Opening for Carmike Coastal Cinemas 10 Scheduled for February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Midlothian, VA: Carmike 10 - Richmond Reopening in March as Carmike Ovation 10 [2/11]
- Seattle, WA: Varsity Theatre Reopens February 13, 2015 [2/11]
The Studio Movie Grill - Wheaton in Wheaton, Illinois opened to the public on Friday, June 8, 2012, according to a press release issued by the company. The new theater features first-run movies with in-theater dining and is the company's first midwest location.
Billed as "affordable luxury," the theater offers high-end lounge chairs and dining tables that they hope will evoke comparisons to an upscale hotel lobby. The press release describes the interior as "modern with a selective mix of textiles, stone surfaces, warm woods, and mid-century furniture."
“We understand consumers today are looking for ways to get more out of their entertainment experiences but spend less money and time,” said Studio Movie Grill founder and president, Brian Schultz who has spent more than 12 years refining the in-theater dining concept.
All eight auditoriums are equipped with Dolby 3D Digital Cinema Projection systems with seating for between 100-275 people. All seating is reserved, so you don't have to worry about standing in line and saving seats. Tickets are available online by going to their Showtimes page and clicking on the Showtimes that appear as links.
In addition to the luxurious surroundings the distinctive feature of the new theater is the expanded menu options that are available at your seat while you watch the movie. In addition to the usual candy and popcorn, customers can choose from over 100 menu items that include appetizers like spicy chicken wings, salads, gourmet pizzas, a kids menu, and desserts. Every table has a service button, where wait staff will take your order and deliver it without disturbing other customers. We've seen this concept in action at iPic Theaters at The Arboretum of South Barrington and it works very well.
Adults can take advantage of the fullp-service bar in the lobby that offers a large selection of beers, wines, and cocktails.
Studio Movie Grill - Wheaton is the company's ninth location in the United States.
Source: Studio Movie Grill Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.