Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Norshor Theatre
Add Your Comments
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
- Decatur, GA: Big Cinemas South Dekalb Stadium 12 Closed [3/3]
- Norcross, GA: Big Cinemas Peachtree Funplex 8 Closed [3/3]
- Valdosta, GA: GTC Ashley 8 Cinemas Closed [3/3]
- 2014 Academy Award Winners [3/2]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Planning June 2014 Opening [2/27]
- St. Joseph, MO: Screenland Plaza 8 Closing March 2, 2014 [2/27]
Northland's NewsCenter is reporting that the city of Duluth, Minnesota has purchased the historic Norshor Theatre on Superior Street:
Tuesday, Mayor Don Ness announced that [Duluth Economic Development Authority] closed on the purchase of the buildings from Eric Ringsred and said plans are already underway to reestablish the NorShor Theater as an important part of the downtown waterfront district.
“This is a great day for all who love downtown Duluth and who support local art. We have seen tremendous progress in recent years in Old Downtown. A vibrant NorShor will support the private investment that has already happened and will help establish downtown as an arts and entertainment destination,” said Mayor Ness. “Our partnership with the Duluth Playhouse is the key. Their passion for the arts, their expertise in managing a theater, and their positive reputation in the community will help ensure the success of the NorShor."
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
According to the web site Cinema Treasures, the theater was originally the Orpheum Theatre, which opened in 1910. It was renovated in the Art Deco style in 1941 and renamed the NorShor Theatre. At some point, the movie theater closed and its last use was as a strip club.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.