Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Admiral Twin Drive-In
Add Your Comments
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
- Lawrenceville, GA: GTC Town Center Value Cinemas Closed [3/18]
- Queen Creek, AZ: Harkins Queen Creek 14 Opening March 19, 2015 [3/16]
- Los Angeles, CA: 9-Screen Cinemark Playa Vista and XD Now Open [3/13]
- Nicholasville, KY: AmStar 14 - Brannon Crossing to Become Movie Tavern Location in June 2015 [3/12]
- Lewiston, ME: Flagship Cinemas Closed [3/12]
On September 3, 2010, the screens for the Admiral Twin Drive-In in Tulsa, Oklahoma were destroyed by fire. The video that is featured in the Journal Article that we wrote about the fire shows how the fire blazed in the wooden structure.
Now, nearly two years after going up in smoke, the twin screens of the drive-in are showing movies again. This time, the structure is made from steel!
The first night of movies on the new screens was Friday, June 15, 2012. To see what's playing now, check out their Showtimes page! If you have a story about the Admiral Twin that you'd like to share, please visit our Reader Comments page for the theater!
Several news outlets covered the event, and the links for the related stories appear below.
Related News Articles
- Admiral Twin Drive-In reopens -- KJRH TV2 [June 15, 2012]
- Admiral Twin Drive-In To Re-open June 15th -- KTUL TV8 [June 6, 2012]
- Admiral Twin theater to reopen next week -- KRMG News Talk Radio [June 7, 2012]
- Admiral Twin drive-in reopening draws crowds -- Tulsa World [June 16, 2012]
- Nostalgia brings sell-out crowd to Admiral Twin's reopening -- Tulsa World [June 15, 2012]
Photo above is courtesy of the Admiral Twin Drive-In.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.