Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- AMC Loews Harvard Square 5
- Apple Cinemas - Cambridge
- Brattle Theatre
Add Your Comments
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
- Variety: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" to Skip Theaters, Launch as a TV Movie and Spinoff Series [7/21]
- Falmouth, ME: Flagship Premium Cinemas Now Open [7/20]
- AMC Theatres to Acquire Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group, the Largest Theater Chain in Europe [7/13]
- Westbrook, ME: Prides Corner Drive-In Not Yet Open for 2016, Future is Uncertain [7/13]
- Menomonee Falls, WI: Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas Getting Take Five and Zaffiro's [6/30]
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
The Boston Globe is reporting that the AMC Loews Harvard Square 5 in Cambridge, Massachusetts will close on July 8, 2012:
The AMC Loews Theater in Harvard Square, where fans of the cult classic “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” have come to see their favorite film every week for 28 years, is closing, a spokesman said Thursday.
AMC has run the theater since the company purchased Loews in 2006, said AMC Theatres spokesman Ryan Noonan.
Noonan said in an e-mailed statement to the Globe on Thursday that the company has decided to sell the location, formally called the AMC Loews Harvard Square 5, and will close the theater at the end of business July 8.
“We continually strive to upgrade the quality of our theatre circuit by adding new screens and by disposing of older screens through closures and sales,” Noonan said.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The two closest theaters are the Brattle Theatre, which shows arthouse fare, and the Entertainment Cinemas - Fresh Pond, which has a slate of first-run movies comparable to what the Harvard Square location is currently showing.
Do You Have Memories of the Harvard Square 5?
Leave a message on the theater's Reader Comments page!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.