Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Regency Rialto Stadium 8
- Regal San Bernardino Square Stadium 14 & RPX
San Bernardino, CA
- Regency Sterling Cinema 6
San Bernardino, CA
Add Your Comments
- New York, NY: Landmark Theatres Plans New 8-Screen Theater [8/24]
- Newark, DE: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Cinemark Christiana and XD [8/23]
- Gainesville, FL: Construction Begins on Regal Cinemas in Celebration Pointe [8/23]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts at Palo Alto Square Closing Delayed Until September [8/18]
- Fort Wayne, IN: Carmike Jefferson Pointe 18 + IMAX Enforcing Curfew [8/18]
- Fort Lee, NJ: iPic Theaters Hudson Lights Opens Tomorrow [8/10]
- Boulder, CO: Boulder Art Cinema Ends After Poor Attendance [7/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
Regal Entertainment Group announced recently that the Regal San Bernardino Square Stadium 14 & RPX in San Bernardino, California will open to the public on Friday, June 29, 2012.
Each of the theater's 14 screens will feature Digital Cinema Projection systems, stadium seating, and high-back rocking chairs with cupholder armrests that can swing out of the way for those who wish to double up on their seating. At least some of the screens will be equipped with RealD 3D capability and there will be one of Regal's bigscreen concept RPX theaters, which typically offer a bigger picture, bigger sound, and usually, a bigger price.
“This state-of-the-art theatre is unique to the Inland Empire. Moviegoers in the San Bernardino area will be impressed by the powerful presentation provided by RPX – the Regal Premium Experience,” stated Russ Nunley, Regal Entertainment Group Vice President of Marketing and Communications. “Regal Entertainment Group is thrilled to add to our impressive list of Edwards and Regal Cinemas in the region with another remarkable entertainment center for the Inland Empire.”
|View our Photo Gallery for the Regal San Bernardino Square Stadium 14 & RPX, which opened June 29, 2012.
A series of events were held this week to benefit local charities and to provide the theater with a chance to "soft-roll" its operations. Moviegoers that attend the theater from June 29th - July 1st will enjoy free popcorn and soft drinks with each paid admission.
Along with the gallery of nearly three dozen photos provided to us by the theater, The Press-Enterprise and The Sun both have photo slideshows on their sites, and there is a video report from ABC 7's story below. These items should give you a good idea of what the new movie theater looks like and has to offer.
We expect to receive their showtimes soon, so if you want to see what's going to be playing at the theater and when, head over to the Showtimes page and then be sure to add the theater to your Favorite Theaters list so you can find it easily in the future!
This location was previously the Cinema Star Empire 20 at San Bernardino, which opened in 1999 and closed in 2008. In December 2008, it was announced that Maya Cinemas would come in and remodel the theater and install an IMAX screen. Plans to open in February 2009 never came to fruition and Maya Cinemas eventually backed out of the project.
Related News Articles
- San Bernardino abuzz over Regal Cinemas re-opening downtown -- ABC 7 [June 26, 2012]
- Regal Cinemas sees steady stream of movie-goers on first day -- The Sun [June 25, 2012]
- Downtown pegs hopes to new multiplex -- The Press-Enterprise [June 22, 2012]
- Downtown cinema could open by fall -- The Press-Enterprise [January 11, 2011]
Source: Regal Entertainment Group Press Release, Regal Cinemas web site
Updated on June 29, 2012 to add link to Photo Gallery
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.