Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Sacramento, CA: Century Arden 14 and XD Opens on Site of Former Century Stadium 14 [12/1]
- West Dundee, IL: Cinemark Spring Hill Mall and XD to Open December 15, 2016 [11/30]
- Chandler, AZ: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Chandler Opens December 2, 2016 [11/30]
- Oak Creek, WI: Marcus Value Cinema - Oak Creek Being Sold to Church [11/30]
- Warren, MI: Cinemark Warren 16 Closed and Will Become an MJR Theatres Location in 2017 [11/28]
- Daytona Beach, FL: Cobb Daytona Luxury 12 Coming in December [11/28]
- Streator, IL: Streator Eagle 6 to Open December 2, 2016 [11/28]
- Marcus Theatres to Acquire All Wehrenberg Theatres Locations [11/21]
- Grand Junction, CO: Movie Theater Opens in Former Carmike 7 Location [11/18]
- Flagstaff, AZ: Harkins Flagstaff 16 Opens, Harkins Flagstaff 11 Closes [11/18]
The State Theater in Logansport, Indiana is about to get a facelift inside and out, according an article that appears today in the Pharos-Tribune:
Soon the marquee lights on the State Theatre in downtown Logansport will shine a bit brighter.
The carpets already smell freshly shampooed. Cup holders have been wiggled between some of the seats, and the price of candy and popcorn have dropped.
The longtime theater, as well as Logansport’s [Skyline Drive In], is being looked at by a new set of eyes.
They are the eyes of a lifelong entrepreneur and Hoosier, and of a man whose company, Alger Motorsports, is 10th in the world right now for NASCAR Camping’s World Truck Series. They are the same eyes who, in 2007, saw opportunity in a vacant movie theater — Ritz Cinema in Rensselaer — and remodeled and reopened it.
They are the eyes of Bill Alger, a 43-year-old man driven by perfection and with a vision to turn Logansport’s longtime downtown staple into a first-class movie experience.
“I know what I would like to see when I come to a theater,” Alger said. “I’ve listened to all of the nice people who have said what they’d like to see, as far as the concession stand being open longer and cup holders ... I know how I like to be served. I know that I like a bargain.”
Click the Read link below to read the full article.
Photo above is Copyright All rights reserved by Earl Leatherberry (flickr user: EC Leatherberry) Used with Permission
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.