Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- "Now Showing" Enhanced with Sticky Options, Faster Speed [5/27]
- "The Marquee" Enhancements Bring More Speed, New Movie Sort Option in Showtimes, Sticky Selections [5/23]
- Trailers & Videos Feature Updated [3/27]
- Photo Gallery Feature Upgraded [3/17]
- "Reader Favorites" Listing Updated in Now Showing [8/5]
- Dolby Atmos Indications Added to Showtimes [7/25]
- Submit Your Ticket Price Reports for Movie Theaters! [7/4]
- Gift Shop Enhanced with More Selections for Downloading Movies and Music via iTunes [9/17]
- Finding Drive-Ins Made Easy [8/2]
- New Feature: Search for Theaters from the Past - See the history, tell your stories [6/30]
The Search page is now a little stronger, thanks to the addition of Google search functionality.
In addition to using the Search page to query our database for movies and theaters, you are now able to use Google to search all the pages on our site, plus the rest of the web.
This addition allows you to find information on our site much easier than before, as the search results are not limited to movie names, cast lists, theater names, and cities. For example, the South Towne Cinema in Madison, WI recently closed. I wrote a Journal article about the closure on Monday about it, but if you did a search for "south towne" using the Search page, you would only find the theater's entry. You would then need to browse to the Journal Articles page to see any related articles for that theater.
Using the Google search dialog on the Search page, entering "south towne" and selecting to search this site, would reveal many more relevant results. Choosing to search the entire web would reveal even more results from all web sites in Google's index.
This additional functionality is now available on the Information and Journal Articles pages for all movies and all theaters in our publication as well. Just look for the "Looking for More Information?" heading on those pages and you will see the search dialog.
Give it a try and see for yourself!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.