Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- MGN Five Star Cinema
Add Your Comments
- Malco Theatres Kids Summer Film Fest 2015 [6/30]
- 2015 Summer Movie Series at Georgia Theatre Company Locations [6/30]
- Kids Summer Movies Playing at UltraStar Cinemas in 2015 [6/30]
- Carmike Cinemas Offers Summer Kids Series 2015 [6/30]
- Wehrenberg Theatres Family Summer Series - 10 Movies for $1 Each [6/30]
- Harkins Summer Movie Fun Series - 10 Kids Movies for $7 [6/30]
- Classic Cinemas Offers $1 Movies in 2015 Summer Movie Series [6/30]
- Regal's Summer Movie Express Offers $1 Movies in 2015 [6/30]
- $3 Family Movie Series at Select Marcus Theatres in June-August 2015 [6/30]
- West Carrollton, OH: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Rave Cinemas Dayton South 16 [6/25]
The Glendale News-Press is reporting that the Five Star Cinema in Glendale, California is moving along. According to a recent story, the Glendale City Council has approved the signage, while voicing concerns about a nearby theater project being done by Laemmle Theatres:
The Glendale City Council this week greenlighted two expansive signs at the new high-end Five Star Cinema in the former Mann 10 Theatre complex in the Exchange, but concern was raised about how the entertainment complex will compete with another movie venue planned nearby.
A new Laemmle Theatre complex is planned for the northwest corner of Maryland and Wilson avenues, a stone’s throw from Five Star Cinema.
Both theaters plan to screen foreign films.
“Would you and the Laemmle Theatre cannibalize the type of film-goers that would come to see a foreign film?” asked Councilman Ara Najarian at a meeting at City Hall on Tuesday. “Is there any danger in having two theaters showing the same genre of movies so close to each other?”
“No more danger than having two hotels next to each other,” said Greg Astorian, the broker on the real estate deal that brought Five Star its first theater complex in the United States. “The more the merrier.”
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The Five Star Cinema was previously known as The Exchange 8 for a short time, but is probably best known as the Mann Theatres Glendale Exchange 10, which was its name until July 2011. When it opens (planned for this Fall), the newly redone theater appears to be back at the original 10-screen count, but instead of having 2,500 seats altogether, there will only be a total of 508.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.