Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
- Variety: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" to Skip Theaters, Launch as a TV Movie and Spinoff Series [7/21]
- Falmouth, ME: Flagship Premium Cinemas Now Open [7/20]
- AMC Theatres to Acquire Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group, the Largest Theater Chain in Europe [7/13]
- Westbrook, ME: Prides Corner Drive-In Not Yet Open for 2016, Future is Uncertain [7/13]
- Menomonee Falls, WI: Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas Getting Take Five and Zaffiro's [6/30]
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
The owners of the West Oaks Mall in Houston, Texas have signed an agreement with Regal Entertainment Group to bring a 14-screen Edwards movie theater to the mall. The new theater will serve as an anchor for the redevelopment of the mall and is expected to open in Fall 2012.
“Bringing a premier Edwards Theatre to West Oaks Mall is a key component in our program to enhance the center by providing entertainment and dining options for the mall,” noted Steve Plenge, managing principal of Pacific Retail Capital Partners, the ownership’s operating partner. “Regal Entertainment Group is a great theatre operator. They are known for their customer service as well as its state-of-the-art theatres that offer a top quality movie experience.”
The new theater will be in the mall's west wing, and have an "interactive pedestrian plaza surrounded by three new restaurants with cafe seating," according to the press release.
The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - West Oaks is already a tenant in the mall, but the press release does say that the Alamo Drafthouse will stay open during construction of the new theater. The implication is that it will close as the new theater's opening date approaches, as it would be difficult for two movie theaters to operate at the same location.
Source: Pacific Retail Capital Partners Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.