Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Marcus Majestic Cinema of Brookfield
- Marcus Green Bay East
Green Bay, WI
- Marcus Renaissance Cinema
Add Your Comments
- Yuma, AZ: Main Street Cinemas Reopens January 30, 2015 [1/28]
- Austin, TX: Bob Bullock IMAX Theatre Closed Temporarily for Digital Conversion [1/26]
- Springfield, MA: Entertainment Cinemas - Springfield Plaza Closed [1/25]
- Valley Stream, NY: Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas Closed [1/23]
- Bedford, NY: Bow Tie Bedford Playhouse Closes [1/22]
- Ellsworth, ME: Maine Coast Cinemas 2 Closed [1/22]
- Clinton, MO: B & B Theatres Takes Over Missouri Cinema 6 [1/19]
- Marcus Theatres Adding Amenities to Select Locations [1/19]
- Kelso, WA: Regal Three Rivers Mall 12 & RPX Opens While Regal Three Rivers Mall 5 and Regal Triangle Cinemas 4 Close [1/16]
- 2015 Academy Award Nominations Announced [1/15]
On Tuesday, September 19, the Marcus Corporation announced results for its first fiscal quarter of 2007. Included in that announcement was a segment on the status of their movie theater operations:
"Attendance at Marcus Theatres was up over 6% in the first quarter, driving the improvement in both revenues and operating income. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, which is presently the sixth best-performing motion picture of all time, was by far our strongest performer during the first quarter. Other movies with good box-office appeal during the quarter were Cars and X-Men: The Last Stand," said Marcus.
Marcus said construction is underway on The Majestic, the company's new flagship theatre in Brookfield, Wis. "We believe that movie theatre complexes have the potential to become the neighborhood entertainment destinations of the future. The Majestic is on the leading edge of this trend, with two of our signature UltraScreens(R) and a multi-use venue that can be used for live entertainment, broadcast concerts and sporting events, and regular screenings of first-run movies. Restaurants and a cocktail lounge will further enhance the customer experience," said Marcus.
"Construction also continues on our two other new Wisconsin theatres, a 13-screen theatre in Sturtevant (Racine) and a 12-screen theatre in Green Bay. Both of these new theatres are scheduled to open in mid- to late-November, just in time for the busy holiday season," said Marcus.
"Both the quality and quantity of movies for the upcoming fall and holiday seasons appear promising, although we will be up against several films that were strong last year, especially during the holiday season. More pictures are scheduled to be released this fall than at this time last year, providing moviegoers of all ages with a wider variety of film choices," said Marcus.
"Several Halloween sequels are opening this fall, along with potential hits including Open Season, Departed, Flags of Our Fathers and The Santa Clause 3. Later in the second quarter, the new James Bond picture, Casino Royale, is expected to perform well and we anticipate that Happy Feet, an animated picture, will be popular with children and families," said Marcus.
You can read the entire press release, which covers all aspects of the Marcus Corporation, at the Read link below.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.