Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Milwaukee, WI: "The Princess Bride" Event Coming to the Riverside Theater [7/24]
- North Haven, CT: Cinemark North Haven and XD Now Open [7/24]
- Athens, GA: Carmike Ovation 12 Opens After Renovations [7/20]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Reopened by Landmark Theatres [7/15]
- Cary, NC: Frank Theatres - Parkside Town Commons Stadium 11 & Xtreme Now Open [7/14]
- Malco Theatres Kids Summer Film Fest 2015 [6/30]
- 2015 Summer Movie Series at Georgia Theatre Company Locations [6/30]
- Kids Summer Movies Playing at UltraStar Cinemas in 2015 [6/30]
- Carmike Cinemas Offers Summer Kids Series 2015 [6/30]
- Wehrenberg Theatres Family Summer Series - 10 Movies for $1 Each [6/30]
The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - West Oaks in Houston, Texas closed its doors on June 25, 2012, according to a posting on the company's web site:
The Alamo Drafthouse – West Oaks opened its doors in May of 2003. In the nearly ten years that we’ve served the community, it has been our extreme pleasure to be a haven for movie lovers for the greater Houston area. From incredible films to unique events, great special guests and a massive amount of amazing beer, it has been a spectacular run. The time has come, though, for us to close the doors at our location in the West Oaks Mall. But, like the fabled Hydra, if you cut off one of our heads, two more shall take its place.The Alamo Drafthouse – West Oaks will close our doors on Monday, June 25.
They are encouraging moviegoers in the area to visit the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Mason in Katy, which is about 10 minutes away. Click the Read link below for the full blog post on the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema web site.
The writing was on the wall when a new Edwards Theater was announced in March 2011 for the West Oaks Mall. Having two movie theaters in such close proximity surely meant that the Alamo's days were numbered, and with the anticipated Fall 2012 opening of the new theater, Alamo's loss is Regal's gain.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.