Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- 2015 Academy Award Winners [2/22]
- Vista, CA: Krikorian MetroPlex 15 at Vista Village Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Vista [2/19]
- Pico Rivera, CA: Krikorian Pico Rivera Village Walk 15 Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Pico Rivera [2/19]
- Los Angeles World Premiere of "Focus" on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 [2/19]
- Bloomington, IL: Carmike Ovation Cinema 10 Now Open [2/18]
- Joliet, IL: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [2/11]
- Yulee, FL: Grand Opening for Carmike Coastal Cinemas 10 Scheduled for February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Midlothian, VA: Carmike 10 - Richmond Reopening in March as Carmike Ovation 10 [2/11]
- Seattle, WA: Varsity Theatre Reopens February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Canton, IL: Garden Theatre Closed [1/30]
The Durango Stadium 9 and Gaslight Twin Cinema in Durango, Colorado have been purchased by Allen Theatres, according to an article published earlier this month in The Daily Times out of Farmington, New Mexico. The theaters were owned previously by Storyteller Theatres Corporation, which is run by Marwit Capital, and based in Portland, Oregon.
Allen Theatres, a 100-year-old local company, recently purchased Durango, Colo.'s two mainstream movie theaters.
Allen Theatres has reduced prices and instituted technological improvements since taking over Durango Stadium 9 and Gaslight Twin Cinema, said Nathan Allen, the company's vice president of finance.
Allen Theatres has had an eye on the Durango properties for many years and placed an unsuccessful bid on them several years ago, Allen said.
"We've had an interest in Durango for quite some time," he said. "Durango's a great location; just the real estate in Durango is great to have."
Allen Theatres now has 16 locations in Colorado and New Mexico. Storyteller Theatres is now down to just two locations, one in Arizona and one in New Mexico, after selling two locations in New Mexico.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.