Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- West Carrollton, OH: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Rave Cinemas Dayton South 16 [6/25]
- Spring Hill, TN: Carmike Spring Hill 12 Opens Today [6/18]
- St. Michael, MN: St. Michael Cinema Ready to Open in Former Cinemagic Location [6/10]
- Denver, CO: Denver Mart Drive-In Opens June 12, 2015 [6/10]
- More "TCM Presents" Movies Coming [6/10]
- Albuquerque, NM: Icon Cinema Now Open [6/9]
- West Jordan, UT: Carmike 12 Closes, AMC Moving In [6/3]
- Milwaukee, WI: Fish Fry & A Flick Free Outdoor Movie Series Announces 2015 Lineup [6/2]
- Coconut Creek, FL: Silverspot at Promenade Now Open [5/28]
- Carson, CA: Grand Opening of Cinemark Carson & XD Thursday, May 28, 2015 [5/28]
Access Integrated Technologies (AccessIT) announced yesterday an agreement with The Bigger Picture and its Kidtoons Films Division to make its family-friendly programming available to movie theaters equipped with digital cinema projectors.
Under terms of the agreement, The Bigger Picture and its Kidtoon Films Division have contracted with AccessIT to handle the 2K digital distribution of its programming for children, teens and adults. The programs include G-rated movies for kids on the weekends, anime films for teen and college audiences and inspirational films from Fox Faith, a unit of Twentieth Century Fox Studios.
What does this mean for the average movie-goer? It means that instead of being limited to the current releases at any given time, movie theaters equipped with digital cinema projectors are able to present movies and other programs that appeal to a wider audience during times when traditional fare may not perform as well.
Action movies may not play well at 11am, but Holly Hobbie or My Little Pony cartoons might. This announcement provides theater owners with a way to expand what they can offer to their customers.
Click the Read link below for the entire press release.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.