Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Santikos Silverado 16
San Antonio, TX
Add Your Comments
- "The Maze Runner" Gets Wider with Extra Screens in "Escape" Theaters [8/29]
- Waynesville, MO: B & B Waynesville Patriot 12 & GS Opens August 29, 2014, Waynesville Cinema 8 Closed [8/28]
- Indianapolis, IN: Cinemark Washington Market 8 Closed [8/28]
- Streator, IL: Majestic Theatre Closed, Up For Sale [8/26]
- Frostburg, MD: R/C Theatres Closes R/C Cinemas 1-2-3, Employees Launch Effort to Reopen [8/25]
- Teicher Theatres Closes All Locations [8/25]
- Santa Monica, CA: Watch the Extended Versions of All Three LOTR Movies at the Aero Theatre on August 30, 2014 [8/21]
- Lodi, CA: Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas Temporarily Closed for Bedbugs [8/20]
- Hollywood, CA: World Premiere of "If I Stay" on August 20, 2014 at Chinese Theatre [8/20]
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
Santikos Theatres announced plans today to build The Granada, a 16-screen movie theater, near the intersection of Loop 1604 & Potranco Road in San Antonio, Texas.
“Originally announced in 2007, The Granada has been a labor of love and we are thrilled to be advancing our progress in expanding to the west side of San Antonio,” says Alexis Smith, Director of Marketing for Santikos Theatres.
Santikos Theatres operates eight other locations in Texas, seven of which are in the San Antonio area, with a ninth being built in Richmond (near Houston). The closest of them to this location is the Santikos Silverado 16.
The full press release appears below.
SANTIKOS THEATRES PLANS TO EXPAND
Santikos moves forward with plans to build The Granada: A 16 screen theatre at 1604 & Potranco
San Antonio, Texas (January 30, 2012) – Santikos Theatres, San Antonio’s only locally owned and operated theatre chain is proud to announce plans to build The Granada Theatre at the southeast corner of Loop 1604 & Potranco Road. “Originally announced in 2007, The Granada has been a labor of love and we are thrilled to be advancing our progress in expanding to the west side of San Antonio,” says Alexis Smith, Director of Marketing for Santikos Theatres.
The Granada Theatre will be in classic Santikos style, fully themed and accentuated with the finest in amenities. This grand theatre will serve movie goers from the west and southwest region of the city, as well as neighboring Castroville and Hondo, with an elegant interior and exterior designed with the inspiration of Granada, Spain. The decadent main lobby will boast a Café serving Starbucks Coffee, a variety of specialty items and an entertainment area complete with cutting edge interactive video games as well as venues for birthday parties, special events and meetings. The Granada’s 16 auditoriums will boast the latest in digital technology, state of the art digital sound and stadium seating.
Santikos Theatres was founded in 1911 by Louis Santikos, a Greek entrepreneur and pioneer in the Texas motion picture industry. Based in San Antonio, Texas, his son John remains at the helm of the business today. There are eight current Santikos Theatres; San Antonio locations include the Palladium IMAX, Silverado 16, Mayan Palace, Embassy 14, The Rialto, Northwest 14 and the Bijou, the city’s only art house and in Tomball, The Silverado 19 IMAX. Expansion plans include The Granada in west San Antonio and The Houston Palladium in Fort Bend County. Santikos remains the only locally owned and operated theatre circuit in South Texas and proudly continues their tradition of customer service, community relations and superior cinematic presentation.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.