Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Angelika Film Center & Cafe
Add Your Comments
- Mount Lebanon, PA: Newly Renovated Carmike Galleria 6 Set to Open April 25, 2014 [4/18]
- Lansing, IL: Digiplex to Acquire Lansing Cinema 8 [4/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: Watch "The Wizard of Oz" with a Live Orchestra [4/8]
- Milwaukee, WI: New Sign Proposed for Avalon Theatre, July 2014 Opening Planned [3/31]
- Los Angeles, CA: Regency Village Theatre to Host Los Angeles Premiere of "Trancscendence" [3/26]
- Bel Air, MD: Flagship Cinemas - Churchville Sold to Digiplex [3/24]
- San Diego, CA: Digiplex Mission Valley Becomes UltraStar Location Again [3/18]
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
The new 8-screen movie theater is located at Mosaic, a development consisting of retail, dining, entertainment, and residential establishments located about 10 minutes east of downtown Fairfax (where I-66 and I-495 meet). Customers will be greeted by a three-level glass-enclosed lobby (see photo to the left) that includes a cafe, a lounge, and the concession stand.
Food choices at the theater will consist of a menu created by Chef Lee Anne Wong, a graduate of the French Culinary Institute, former finalist on Bravo's Top Chef, and a contributor on the Cooking Channel's Unique Eats. Guests will be able to enjoy their food and drinks (including beer, wine, and champagne) in the cafe, lounge, or in the auditorium while watching a movie.
The press release says that the Angelika at Mosaic will feature specialty film programming, local film festivals, and other programs to appeal to "sophisticated filmgoers."
“The Angelika’s goal is to become the premiere cinema in the greater D.C. area,” said Ellen Cotter, chief operating officer of the US Cinema division of Reading International, Inc. “We are committed to offering exceptional service and a superior and different movie-‐going experience at Mosaic.”
Reading International has three other Angelika locations, one in New York and two in Texas. Visiting the showtimes pages for those theaters most likely will give you an idea of the kind of movies that the Fairfax location will offer its customers. When it opens, the Angelika Film Center and Cafe will be the fifteenth location for the theater chain.
Source: Reading International Press Release. The above photo is copyright Reading International, Inc. All rights reserved
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.