Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Imlay City Cinemas
Imlay City, MI
Add Your Comments
- Warren, MI: MJR Universal Grand Cinema 16 Expected to Open April 7, 2017 [3/22]
- Gibsonton, FL: Goodrich Riverview 14 GDX Now Open [3/21]
- Hilliard, OH: Movie Tavern - Mill Run Closing April 9, 2017 [3/10]
- Fernandina Beach, FL: B & B Theaters Amelia Island 7 Opens in Former Carmike Island 7 Space [3/10]
- Chicago, IL: Chatham 14 Theaters Becomes Studio Movie Grill - Chatham [3/8]
- Fallston, MD: Fallston Movies Opens March 9, 2017 [3/8]
- Omaha, NE: Dundee Theatre Staging a Comeback [3/7]
- Omaha, NE: Marcus Midtown Cinema Closing? [3/7]
- Doral, FL: Cobb CinéBistro at CityPlace Doral to Open March 17, 2017 [3/7]
- Robert Osborne, Beloved Host of Turner Classic Movies, Dies at 84 [3/6]
The Imlay City Cinemas in Imlay City, Michigan closed its doors in August 2012. According to an article in the Tri-City Times published on August 29, 2012, the owner cited the lack of money for a mandatory upgrade to Digital Cinema Projection systems in the theater:
Business owner Remo Querciagrossa said a changing industry and escalating economic challenges have forced him to close the doors at the Cedar Street (M-53) location.
Referring to the theater's demise as a "perfect storm" of unfortunate circumstances, Querciagrossa said the tipping point came when he realized he could no longer rationalize the cost of doing business.
Indeed, that cost will rise dramatically with the coming industrywide transition from 35 millimeter to digital technology.
"All the (film rental) companies I deal with are requiring that we go to digital," said Querciagrossa. "The contracts have to be signed by next month, with installation required by April 1, 2013." Querciagrossa estimated he would need to spend about $250,000 to purchase and install the new equipment in his three theaters in Imlay City.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The nearest theater that shows movies on a regular basis is the NCG - Lapeer Cinemas in Lapeer, which is about 13 miles from Imlay City.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.