Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Clay Theatre
Green Cove Springs, FL
- Sacramento, CA: Century Arden 14 and XD Opens on Site of Former Century Stadium 14 [12/1]
- West Dundee, IL: Cinemark Spring Hill Mall and XD to Open December 15, 2016 [11/30]
- Chandler, AZ: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Chandler Opens December 2, 2016 [11/30]
- Oak Creek, WI: Marcus Value Cinema - Oak Creek Being Sold to Church [11/30]
- Warren, MI: Cinemark Warren 16 Closed and Will Become an MJR Theatres Location in 2017 [11/28]
- Daytona Beach, FL: Cobb Daytona Luxury 12 Coming in December [11/28]
- Streator, IL: Streator Eagle 6 to Open December 2, 2016 [11/28]
- Marcus Theatres to Acquire All Wehrenberg Theatres Locations [11/21]
- Grand Junction, CO: Movie Theater Opens in Former Carmike 7 Location [11/18]
- Flagstaff, AZ: Harkins Flagstaff 16 Opens, Harkins Flagstaff 11 Closes [11/18]
The Clay Theatre in Green Cove Springs, Florida closed in 2009, but is set to re-open later this month, according to an article in the Florida Times-Union:
John Watzke was about 80 miles from where he lives but felt right at home inside the historic Clay Theatre on Saturday.
“This is like home. We were literally raised in the theater, mostly in the drive-ins but we were in literally every theater in the city of New Orleans at one time or another.
“We love the old theaters,” said Watzke of the reasons he and his brother, Charlie, are bringing the theater back to life after four idle years.
Watzke said they expect to reopen the theater by the end of the month.
First-run movies will dominate the marquee. They’re going to book their own movies, and plan to show mostly show G, PG and PG-13 movies.
The concession stand will be stocked with a full range of treats, including Watzke’s beloved root beer.
There will be traditional movie fare of popcorn, candy, nachos and hot dogs, but they are also looking at the possibility of adding pizza or White Castle sliders.
Shortly after they open, Watzke said they will apply for a license to serve beer and wine.
“We’ll be doing matinees and we’ll be open seven days a week and school holidays. We’ll show a minimum of two movies on weekends.
“At least two matinees plus two or three evening movies, so we’re looking at five movies a day on weekends,” he said, adding the prices will be the lowest around so it will be affordable for families.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.