Remove ads with our VIP Service
- AMC Ridge Park Square Cinema 8
- Parma Theatre
- Regal Middleburg Town Square Cinema 16
Middleburg Heights, OH
Add Your Comments
- Indiana, PA: Indiana Mall Cinema Closes, Changes Hands from Carmike to Golden Star Theaters - Set to Open June 12th [5/19]
- Tucson, AZ: Cinemark Announces Plan for 14-Screen Movie Theater at Tucson Marketplace at the Bridges [5/18]
- Tulsa, OK: Cinemark Movies 8 Closed [5/15]
- Pittsburgh, PA: Rave Cinemas Pittsburgh North 11 Closing Tonight [5/14]
- Cinemark Announces 2015 "Summer Movie Clubhouse" Series of Kid-Friendly Movies [5/14]
- Cheektowaga, NY: Movieland 8 Theatre Closed [5/12]
- San Angelo, TX: Icon Cinema Opening in 2015 in Former K-Mart Space [5/11]
- Albuquerque, NM: Icon Cinema to Open Soon in Four Hills Village Shopping Center [5/11]
- Roseville, MI: Silver Cinemas - Macomb Mall Closed [5/8]
- Oxon Hill, MD: AMC Reopens the Former Rivertowne 12 Cinemas [5/5]
The Parma Theatre in Cleveland, Ohio closed on September 9, 2012. According to an article published on cleveland.com from the Sun News:
Parma Theater, which has struggled financially in recent years, will probably close for good in September.
The news came earlier this week from Norman Barr, owner of the theater, which is at 5826 Ridge Road.
“We held out as long as we could,” Barr told the Sun Post.
Barr said the theater will probably close Monday, which is Labor Day. However, he said he may keep the theater open another week.
Barr said he is closing Parma Theater partly because he has been trying to sell it for more than five years.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The theater's web site confirms the closure, with no additional information provided. We have added the photos that they provided on their web site to the Photo Gallery for the theater as a way to remember the theater when it was in operation.
Not everyone is ready to give up on the Parma Theatre, however. An article published today (same site, same publication) mentions that councilwoman Debbie Lime is holding an informational meeting on September 20th to discuss what might be done to save the theater:
Ward 2 Councilwoman Debbie Lime not only wants to preserve the building at 5826 Ridge Road. She would also like to re-open it as a movie house.
Lime said she has received several phone calls from constituents hoping to save the movie theater.
“I have one guy who said he would do whatever it takes to save the theater,“ Lime said.
The trick is figuring out how to do it.
Toward that end, Lime will host a community meeting at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 20 at the Polish Diner Banquet Hall, 5792 Ridge Road. The hall is near the northwest corner of Ridge and Snow roads.
Anyone interested in the future of Parma Theater is invited.
Moviegoers in the area do have a few choices, including the AMC Ridge Park Square Cinema 8 in Brooklyn and the Regal Middleburg Town Square Cinema 16 in Middleburg Heights, as well as seven others within 10 miles of the Parma's location.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.