Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Cinemark at Market Heights
Harker Heights, TX
- Cinemark Cinema 6 - Temple
- Cinemark Temple and XD
- Premiere Cinemas - Temple Premiere Cinema + IMAX
Add Your Comments
- Palm Desert, CA: Tristone Cinemas to Take Over After Cinémas Palme d'Or Closes [4/27]
- Palm Desert, CA: Cinémas Palme d'Or Blames Cinemark for Putting It Out of Business [4/27]
- Forest Hills, NY: Cinemart Cinemas Closed Until May 26, 2016 for Renovations [4/27]
- Battle Creek, MI: NCG - Battle Creek to Open April 29, 2016 [4/26]
- Kings Mountain, NC: New Hounds Drive-In Opening Soon [4/21]
- Taylor, MI: Cinemark Southland Center and XD Opens Today [4/21]
- St. Petersburg, FL: Cobb Theatres - Tyrone Luxury 10 Now Open [4/18]
- Kapolei, HI: Regal Kapolei Commons 12 Opening April 21, 2016 [4/18]
- Country Club Hills, IL: Marcus Theatres Buys Closed AMC Loews Country Club Hills 16 [4/14]
- Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford Reunite for New Indiana Jones Movie in 2019 [4/12]
Cinemark Holdings, Inc. announced plans today to build a new 12-screen movie theater in Temple, Texas. The new theater will anchor the redevelopment of the Outdoor America Mall, which will be renamed Gateway Center, located south of the intersection of I-35 and SW Hk Dodgen Loop 363.
According to the press release, the new theater will open in Fall 2013. It will be one of their Cinemark NextGen designs, and will provide the following amenities:
- State-of-the-art viewing environment with wall-to-wall, ceiling-to-floor screens available in all auditoriums.
- 4K digital projection powered by Barco projectors; RealD 3D capability
- Enhanced sound systems that will enable customers to hear the movie as the filmmakers intended.
- Cinemark’s innovative self-serve concession stand – offering freshly-popped popcorn, Coca-Cola fountain beverages and favorite candy brands
- Cinemark XD: Extreme Digital Cinema auditorium
Cinemark XD: Extreme Digital Cinema is Cinemark's big-screen concept, which typically offers a larger screen, upgraded sound system, and plush seating, all for an upcharge over movies in the other auditoriums.
“We are thrilled to introduce our new Cinemark NextGen movie theatre experience to guests who live in the Temple/Belton area,” states Tim Warner, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. “We will be constructing a state-of-the-art facility that will quickly become recognized as the preferred place in the market to enjoy a great movie-going experience. We plan to move very swiftly in order to open the theatre in the fall of 2013, just in time for the busy holiday season.”
“It is great to have a high caliber operation like Cinemark anchoring our redevelopment of the old Outdoor America Mall,” comments Ernesto Ancira, Jr. from Bullish Resources, Inc., the owner of the newly renamed Gateway Center Shopping Center. “This is going to be an exciting project blending entertainment, restaurants, retail, hospitality, and office space in one center. We are grateful to have the expertise of Charter Real Estate managing this project for us and bringing together all the new tenants. The new Gateway Center will be a beautiful transformation for Temple being the first center people see traveling north on I-35.”
This theater's location will put it in direct competition with the Premiere Cinemas - Temple Premiere Cinema 16, which is located just off SW Hk Dodgen Loop 363 and South 31st Street. (It's interesting to note that this location used to be the Cinemark Cinema 6 - Temple.) The closest Cinemark location is the Cinemark at Market Heights in Harker Heights, which is about 20 miles away from the new theater.
Cinemark currently owns/operates 461 theaters in 39 states, Brazil, Mexico, and 11 other Latin American countries as of June 30, 2012. We currently show them to operated 298 locations in the United States under the brand names of Cinemark, Century Theatres, CinéArts, and Tinseltown.
Source: Cinemark Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.