Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Carmike Chief Plaza 4
Steamboat Springs, CO
Add Your Comments
- Malco Theatres Kids Summer Film Fest 2015 [6/30]
- 2015 Summer Movie Series at Georgia Theatre Company Locations [6/30]
- Kids Summer Movies Playing at UltraStar Cinemas in 2015 [6/30]
- Carmike Cinemas Offers Summer Kids Series 2015 [6/30]
- Wehrenberg Theatres Family Summer Series - 10 Movies for $1 Each [6/30]
- Harkins Summer Movie Fun Series - 10 Kids Movies for $7 [6/30]
- Classic Cinemas Offers $1 Movies in 2015 Summer Movie Series [6/30]
- Regal's Summer Movie Express Offers $1 Movies in 2015 [6/30]
- $3 Family Movie Series at Select Marcus Theatres in June-August 2015 [6/30]
- West Carrollton, OH: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Rave Cinemas Dayton South 16 [6/25]
The Steamboat Today is reporting that the community group Friends of the Chief has entered into a purchase contract for the Carmike Chief Plaza 4 in Steamboat Springs, Colorado:
A community group working to create a downtown cultural venue took a major step in that direction this week.
A spokesman for Friends of the Chief confirmed Friday afternoon that the group has placed the Chief Plaza movie theater in downtown Steamboat Springs under a purchase contract.
“We’re very, very pleased about this,” Jim Cook said. “All of the members of our board will be kicking in for the short term to secure equity for a bridge loan” that would buy time for the community group to pursue a U.S. Department of Agriculture loan tailored to helping small communities acquire cultural centers.
Friends of the Chief member Towny Anderson said restoring the small multiplex to a cultural venue that would seat as many as 470 could establish a new gathering place for the community.
“It’s more than nostalgia,” Anderson said. “It’s like getting a piece of your Main Street back in community hands. It re-establishes what they call the village well.”
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
Carmike Cinemas currently operates the theater, and will continue to do so until its lease runs out in 2012.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.