Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Larchmont, NY: Bow Tie Larchmont Playhouse Closed [9/26]
- Allen, TX: Renovations Coming to Cinemark Allen 16 and XD [9/21]
- Danvers, MA: Hollywood Hits Theatre Closed [9/12]
- Chattanooga, TN: Regal Hamilton Place 8 Reopens [9/9]
- Waukee, IA: Proposed Theater Plans Include Largest IMAX Screen in U.S. [9/8]
- San Jose, CA: Camera 12 to Close Friday [9/8]
- Lexington, KY: Cinemark Movies 10 - Woodhill Closed [9/7]
- Oxford, ME: Flagship Cinemas Reopens as Luxury Theater [9/6]
- New York, NY: AMC Announces Reserved Seating at All Manhattan AMC Locations [9/1]
- Pleasant Hills, PA: Carmike Southland 9 Closed [8/25]
Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced today that their new reboot of Godzilla now has a release date of May 16, 2014.
The movie has been described as one that will "return the character to its epic roots with a gritty, realistic actioner." Gareth Edwards will be directing, and no cast has been announced yet.
The Godzilla monster has been the subject of quite a few movies, and I remember watching the dubbed Japanese versions when I was a kid. Take a look at all the Godzilla movies that we have in our records!
The last Godzilla movie was the aptly-named Godzilla from 1998, which starred Matthew Broderick, Jean Reno, and Hank Azaria. It was widely panned by critics and many moviegoers, but I didn't think it was all that bad. Sure, it went off the rails a little when they got to Madison Square Garden, but I especially enjoyed the first part of the movie and thought the special effects were well-done and the movie was enjoyable. Maybe the new movie will dial down the camp and bring back the action to a front-and-center position.
As always seems to be the case nowadays, they will be releasing the movie in 2D and 3D, so click the version of your choice to the right and mark it as a Favorite Movie so you can stay up to date on all the latest developments!
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.