Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Family Drive-In Theatre
Stephens City, VA
Add Your Comments
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
- 2014 Academy Award Winners [3/2]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Planning June 2014 Opening [2/27]
- St. Joseph, MO: Screenland Plaza 8 Closing March 2, 2014 [2/27]
- Saint Charles, IL: Improvements Coming to Classic Cinemas Charlestowne 18 [2/26]
- Fort Collins, CO: Cinemark Coming to Foothills Mall [2/26]
- Glen Burnie, MD: UA Marley Station 8 Closed [2/26]
- Willoughby Hills, OH: Big Cinemas Phoenix Willoughby Hills Closed [2/24]
- Ridgefield, CT: Prospector Theater Offers Movies Ahead of Its Opening [2/24]
- Largo, FL: AMC Tri-City 8 Closed January 19, 2014 [2/17]
TV 3 Winchester featured the Family Drive-In Theatre in Stephens City, Virginia in a recent article, and they discussed the topic of an upcoming conversion to Digital Cinema Projection systems with owner Jim Kopp:
Currently movies are shown on 35 millimeter film, but within the next two years, all movie theaters are supposed to be digital, including independents and drive ins.
Kopp explains, "we're hoping to switch next year or the year after. It's approximately, what we estimate is about $140,000, which includes some of the modifications we have to make to the projection rooms. The projector for the front screen right now is about $59,000. For the back screen it's $55,000."The Family Drive-In will have to make the conversion without financial help from the movie studios, so they are taking donations from patrons. If you donate, your name will appear on the movie screen once the digital equipment is ready to roll. Make sure you stop by the concession stand to pick up some goodies because the sales of the concessions directly benefit the theatre. After you've picked up your popcorn and candy, get ready for a double feature.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.