Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Digiplex Lisbon 12
Add Your Comments
- Lynchburg, VA: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [11/27]
- Longmont, CO: Regal Village at the Peaks 12 & RPX Now Open [11/27]
- Superior, WI: Marcus Superior Value Cinema to Close December 6, 2015 [11/27]
- Greenfield, WI: Silver Cinemas - Budget South Closed [11/24]
- Bakersfield, CA: IMAX Coming to Reading Cinemas Valley Plaza 16 [11/23]
- Pagedale, MO: 24:1 Cinema Now Open [11/23]
- Wentzville, MO: B & B Wentzville Tower 12 Now Open [11/23]
- Princeton, NJ: AMC Marketfair 10 Now Open [11/23]
- Tacoma, WA: Century Point Ruston and XD Now Open [11/19]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" in Dolby Cinema [11/17]
Back in July, we announced that O'neil Cinemas was selling the Lisbon Landing Cinema in Lisbon, Connecticut to Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. (aka Digiplex). That sale was finalized today, and the new name of the theater is the Digiplex Lisbon 12.
It appears that the theater is no longer selling tickets through movietickets.com, but the rest of the information that we have for the theater appears to remain. To see what's playing at the newly renamed theater, please visit the Showtimes page.
The press release issued by the company quotes Digiplex Chairman and CEO Bud Mayo as saying:
Today’s news is consistent with our goal of adding highly successful regional theaters to Digiplex’s theatrical circuit as we continue to further expand our geographical reach into a majority of the country’s top 100 DMAs, eventually reaching a target of approximately 1000 screens. Since April, Digiplex has more than quadrupled its screen count and the Company intends to continue its rapid growth in the coming year. As with other acquisitions, we will bring a wealth of alternative programming to the Lisbon facility, utilize our social media outreach expertise to forge an interactive relationship and dialog with local customers and potential patrons, while also benefiting from adding these well-attended screens to our minimum guarantee advertising agreement with NCM.
A year ago, Digiplex had just three locations in New Jersey and Connecticut, but the purchase of Cinema Centers, Inc. in April, and now this acquisition, brings them up to a total of nine locations in Connecticut, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
This sale takes O'neil Cinemas down to just one location currently open, the Apple Tree Mall Cinema 12 in Londonderry, New Hampshire. A new location, the O'neil Cinemas at Brickyard Square in Epping, New Hampshire is scheduled to open November 9, 2012.
Source: Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.