Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Lansing, IL: Digiplex to Acquire Lansing Cinema 8 [4/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: Watch "The Wizard of Oz" with a Live Orchestra [4/8]
- Milwaukee, WI: New Sign Proposed for Avalon Theatre, July 2014 Opening Planned [3/31]
- Los Angeles, CA: Regency Village Theatre to Host Los Angeles Premiere of "Trancscendence" [3/26]
- Bel Air, MD: Flagship Cinemas - Churchville Sold to Digiplex [3/24]
- San Diego, CA: Digiplex Mission Valley Becomes UltraStar Location Again [3/18]
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
The ArcLight La Jolla in La Jolla, California will open in November 2012, and we have created a new entry for the theater. They already have showtimes for the November 16th opening of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2, so we know that they'll at least be open by then.
The new theater will have 14 screens, and is located in the Westfield UTC shopping center. Many years ago, the Mann University Town Center was located in this shopping center where the Sport Chalet is now.
This will be the fifth location for Arclight Cinema Company (the ArcLight Cinerama Dome and ArcLight Hollywood are adjacent theaters in Hollywood, so we're counting that as one location, even though we have separate entries for them).
A September 7, 2011 press release mentions the following features for the new theater:
The new 14-screen 1,800-seat cinema, which will open in late 2012, will feature ArcLight Cinema’s signature amenities including “black box” auditoriums, extra-wide seats with double armrests, stadium seating, digital projection and a wide variety of dynamic programming ranging from the newest Hollywood blockbusters to independent art house fare, cult favorites and classics, and 21+ screenings. ArcLight La Jolla will be the only theater in San Diego to operate with no commercials, all-reserved seating and no late seating after a movie has begun.
“Since 2003, our mission has been to create the ideal moviegoing experience for film lovers and casual moviegoers alike,” said Gretchen McCourt, Executive Vice President, Cinema Programming. “Today’s announcement represents a milestone for ArcLight Cinemas and we cannot wait for San Diego residents to rediscover the joy of going to the movies.”
San Diego residents will delight in ArcLight’s sit-down café and full service concession areas featuring quality, classic movie-theater consessions including shared plates, gourmet pizzas, salads, wraps and popcorn made with real butter as well as ArcLight’s famous caramel corn, made-on-premises.
To keep an eye on what's playing at the the theater, please visit the Showtimes page for Arclight La Jolla. You can make it easy on yourself by marking the theater as one of your Favorite Theaters, so you can stay up to date on when it opens and other related news!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.