Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Regal Barkley Village Stadium 16 IMAX & RPX
Add Your Comments
- Newark, DE: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Cinemark Christiana and XD [8/23]
- Gainesville, FL: Construction Begins on Regal Cinemas in Celebration Pointe [8/23]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts at Palo Alto Square Closing Delayed Until September [8/18]
- Fort Wayne, IN: Carmike Jefferson Pointe 18 + IMAX Enforcing Curfew [8/18]
- Fort Lee, NJ: iPic Theaters Hudson Lights Opens Tomorrow [8/10]
- Boulder, CO: Boulder Art Cinema Ends After Poor Attendance [7/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
- Variety: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" to Skip Theaters, Launch as a TV Movie and Spinoff Series [7/21]
The Bellingham Herald is reporting that construction on the the Regal Barkley Village Stadium 16 & IMAX in Bellingham, Washington is on track to open in December 2012:
From the outside, it doesn't appear much is happening to the enormous structure that will soon be the Barkley movie theater.
It's a much different story from the inside, as up to 100 construction workers were inside busily installing wiring and other infrastructure last week to stay on schedule. This week the south portion of the 68,000-square-foot building will be turned over to Regal Cinemas, which will begin installing its stadium seating and movie equipment.
"I would say the project has gone extremely well to this point," said Kochman. "It (the theater) is different than building a big-box type of structure; there's a level of complexity in what goes inside that's much more challenging."
The theater and the two other buildings are on track to be completed by the end of November, with the movie theater opening in early December, perhaps in time for the release of a variety of end-of-year releases including the first of "The Hobbit" movies.
Click the Read link below to view the full article as well as photos of the ongoing construction.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.