Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- AMC Del Amo 18
Add Your Comments
- Greenfield, WI: Silver Cinemas - Budget South Closed [11/24]
- Bakersfield, CA: IMAX Coming to Reading Cinemas Valley Plaza 16 [11/23]
- Pagedale, MO: 24:1 Cinema Now Open [11/23]
- Wentzville, MO: B & B Wentzville Tower 12 Now Open [11/23]
- Princeton, NJ: AMC Marketfair 10 Now Open [11/23]
- Tacoma, WA: Century Point Ruston and XD Now Open [11/19]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" in Dolby Cinema [11/17]
- Battle Creek, MI: Former Cheap Flicks to Open in 2016 [11/11]
- Fort Collins, CO: Cinemark Movie Bistro and XD Now Open [11/10]
- Lawton, OK: Carmike Patriot 13 Grand Opening November 5, 2015 [11/3]
Torrance, Calif. (September 14, 2006) – The wait is over for South Bay residents to "Experience the Difference" at the area's premier out-of-home entertainment destination when AMC Del Amo 18 opens to the public on Friday, September 22, 2006. The new theatre will feature 18 auditoriums with stadium seating including AMC's exclusive LoveSeat®-style seats as well as four screens that are more than three stories high and 50 feet wide.
"AMC Del Amo 18 is more than a movie theatre, it is an entertainment destination," said Phil Singleton, president and chief operating officer, AMC Theatres. "Torrance is a beautiful community and AMC is proud to open our newest theatre in the Del Amo Fashion Center. We believe the striking presence of AMC Del Amo 18 will nicely complement the center and enhance the entertainment experience in the area for shoppers and moviegoers alike."
Designed to celebrate the entertainment experience, the stunning two-story curved glass façade provides a grand entrance into the new theatre. Once inside, moviegoers will enjoy AMC's signature design concepts that have been masterfully incorporated into the new facility, including sensational high-mural celebrity graphics, entertaining directors' series photographs, a modern-day rendition of the red carpet and classic movie quotes inlaid in crafted terrazzo flooring.
Our guests are the "stars" at AMC Del Amo 18 from the moment they enter the theatre. Once inside, AMC's signature red carpet carries moviegoers from the lobby to their seats. As each guest enters the auditorium, they pass under red curtain marquee signage. AMC moviegoers are encouraged to linger a little longer after their movie experience in Del Amo's lobby and corridor seating areas which feature suede-covered lounge chairs and couches along with coffee and end tables for easy relaxation and movie discussion.
A key entertainment fixture in the open-air lifestyle center, AMC Del Amo 18 will feature amenities including:
- Eighteen auditoriums with more than 3,200 seats.
- Stadium seating with 18-inch risers and 48-inch row spacing for a perfectly clear unobstructed view in all auditoriums.
- AMC's exclusive and ultra-comfortable LoveSeat-style seating featuring "articulating" backs and lifting cupholder armrests.
- State-of-the-art Dolby® Digital Surround EX in every auditorium for clear, dynamic distortion-free audio and lifelike special effects.
- Floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall curved premium movie screens in every auditorium.
- ISCO OPTIC® Ultra-Star * HD Plus Film Projection Lenses to achieve optimal screen luminance and image resolution.
- AMC's proprietary Digital Theatre Distribution System® (DTDS) for enhanced pre-show entertainment that includes a first-look access to everything from movies, television, music, sports and advertising.
- Large, efficient, fast-serve concession area with digital menu boards offering a wide variety of moviegoers' favorite theatrical food and beverage options including free refills on large fountain drinks and large popcorn.
- A custom-designed gaming area featuring top-performing arcade games with wide appeal, allowing guests an opportunity to enjoy relaxed or competitive play before or after their movie experience.
- AMC Guest Services area for superior guest service.
- Advance credit card tickets sales by phone or online
- Four Automated Box Offices (ABO) for easy ticket purchasing and advance ticket order pick-up, including two remote ABOs in the open-air rotunda enabling guests to purchase tickets prior to entering the theatre.
AMC is known for many of the innovations that moviegoers enjoy today, including the multiplex and megaplex concepts. The company, which was founded in the early 1920s, is rooted in the principle that everyone is a V.I.P. when visiting an AMC theatre.
Moviegoers visiting AMC Del Amo 18 can expect to enjoy industry-leading customer programs offered exclusively at AMC theatre locations including:
- AMC MovieWatcher - the industry's first and largest frequent moviegoing club that is absolutely free. With each movie ticket purchased, members earn points toward free drinks, free popcorn and free movies. Also, members who visit an AMC theatre on Wednesdays receive a free small popcorn with every ticket purchased.
- A.M.CinemaSM - a value program that offers guests the best ticket price of the day before noon Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Clip's PicksSM - a 10-item value menu featuring AMC's most popular concession items. The menu allows moviegoers at AMC Del Amo 18 to create their own concession combinations with items $3 each or three for $7.50, representing the best value among competitors when comparing same sized items.
The new theatre is part of a major expansion project of the Del Amo Fashion Center and will be located in the new open-air entertainment and retail promenade on the east side of the mall. Complementing AMC's expansive presence in the greater Los Angeles area, AMC Del Amo 18 is the company's 27th theatre in the market.
About AMC Entertainment Inc.
AMC Entertainment Inc. is a worldwide leader in the theatrical exhibition industry. With a history of industry leadership and innovation dating back to the early 1900s, the company today serves more than 250 million guests annually through interests in 411 theatres and 5,601 screens in 11 countries including the United States. The company is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. Additional information is available online at www.amctheatres.com.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.