Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Looper 
Add Your Comments
- Bonita Springs, FL: Prado Stadium 12 Featured in Spotlight Magazines [3/4]
- Note Added to "Noah" Explaining That It's Not a Documentary [2/28]
- Buy One Oscar Nominee Ticket at AMC, Get One Free (conditions apply) [2/10]
- Barnes & Noble Stores Hosting Events Tied to "The LEGO Movie" [1/21]
- Entertainment Weekly Interviews Ben Affleck About "Gone Girl" [11/24]
- See a 5-Minute Clip for "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Before "Thor: The Dark World 3D" [10/23]
- High-Def Digest Reviews "The Wizard of Oz: An IMAX 3D Experience" at the Newly Remodeled TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX in Hollywood [9/24]
- 20th Century Fox to Distribute Jesus Christ Movie 'Son of God' [9/12]
- Newton, IA: Valle Drive-In Wants Your Vote for a Free Digital Projector [8/23]
- Hollywood, CA: See "The Little Mermaid 3D" at El Capitan Starting Sept. 20th [8/22]
Commentary tracks are nothing to home video, but this is the first time I've ever seen a director make a commentary available while his movie is still in theaters! Rian Johnson directed Looper, which is an action/adventure movie playing in theaters right now, and it's garnered quite a bit of positive buzz for its time-traveling storyline involving a hit man (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) and his future self (Bruce Willis), as well as an axe-wielding Emily Blunt. Our Featured Critic gave it a rare four-star rating, and BigScreen readers have weighed in with their own positive Reader Reviews, so it's definitely something that's on my to-see list.
For those interested in seeing the movie multiple times, Johnson has increased the enjoyment factor by making a running commentary available that you can download and play on your iPod/iPhone or other device that can play the 158MB MP3 file.
Click the Read link below to view the download page, where you also can leave comments for Rian Johnson. If you're going to leave a comment, I humbly suggest that you make your comments useful (not "cool!" but rather "went to the theater again because of this, and it was a great way to enjoy the movie in a different way"), which will encourage him and other directors to do things like this in the future.
To see where Looper is playing near you, head over to the Showtimes page for the movie and make your plans!
Have You Listened to the Commentary Track?
If you've seen the movie and listened to the commentary track, let us know what you think of it! It seems like a great way to enjoy the movie again, so please let your fellow readers know what you thought by leaving your comments below!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.