Remove ads with our VIP Service
- AMC Easton Town Center 30
- Marcus Crosswoods Cinema
- Rave Cinemas Polaris 18 + Xtreme
Add Your Comments
- 2015 Academy Award Winners [2/22]
- Vista, CA: Krikorian MetroPlex 15 at Vista Village Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Vista [2/19]
- Pico Rivera, CA: Krikorian Pico Rivera Village Walk 15 Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Pico Rivera [2/19]
- Los Angeles World Premiere of "Focus" on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 [2/19]
- Bloomington, IL: Carmike Ovation Cinema 10 Now Open [2/18]
- Joliet, IL: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [2/11]
- Yulee, FL: Grand Opening for Carmike Coastal Cinemas 10 Scheduled for February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Midlothian, VA: Carmike 10 - Richmond Reopening in March as Carmike Ovation 10 [2/11]
- Seattle, WA: Varsity Theatre Reopens February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Canton, IL: Garden Theatre Closed [1/30]
The Columbus Dispatch has a story about recent reductions in movie ticket prices in the Columbus area:
Hoping to lure more patrons back to the multiplex, three major movietheater chains are cutting ticket prices.
Also in July, AMC Theatres expanded nationwide the $4 early-bird pricing it had test-marketed in Columbus since March.
"If you can get in for $4, I’m going," said East Side resident Lynn Wohlstein, arriving at the AMC Easton 30 on a recent Saturday for a 10:50 a.m. showing of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest.
"We come every weekend, or every other weekend," she said.
The discounts come on the heels of a three-year decline in domestic ticket sales. The 9 percent drop in 2005, according to www.boxofficemojo.com, was the worst in 20 years.
The average ticket price, meanwhile, jumped from $6.21 to $6.40, the industry-tracking Web site says.
While the depth of the price cuts varies greatly between the chains, the overall trend of offering lower pricing seems to be paying off. If your favorite theater is not yet doing this, let them know that you're interested and that you would probably come to more movies if the admission price was lower. Smart theater managers will listen to their paying customers!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.