Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- AMC Valley View 16
- Studio Movie Grill - Dallas / Royal
- Studio Movie Grill - Spring Valley
- Andalusia, AL: Clark Theatres - Andalusia Cinema Now Open [4/14]
- New York, NY: Quad Cinema Reopens After Renovation Project [4/14]
- Laramie, WY: Studio City UW + ARQ Opening on April 28, 2017 [4/13]
- Mobile, AL: Crescent Theater to Close [4/11]
- Dallas, OR: Motor Vu Drive-In Not Reopening for 2017 Season [4/11]
- Stanton, KY: Mountain View Drive-In Will Not Reopen for 2017 Season [4/11]
- Arlington, TX: Cinemark at Former Six Flags Mall Closes [4/10]
- Shakopee, MN: Grand Opening of Marcus Southbridge Crossing Cinema Planned for April 13, 2017 [4/8]
- Select AMC and Carmike Locations Transferred to New Vision Theatres [4/7]
- Arvada, CO: Landmark Olde Town Stadium 14 Sold [4/6]
The Studio Movie Grill - Spring Valley in Dallas, Texas opened today, October 12, 2012. To celebrate the theater's opening, they are offering $1 movie tickets all weekend, from 10/12-10/14/2012. Alternately, you can bring in a canned good and receive a free movie ticket.
To see what's playing at the new 12-screen theater, please see their Showtimes page. They do provide online ticketing, so you can purchase your tickets online and save the wait at the box office. (I just checked and the tickets are also $1 online, plus the service charge)
The theater's opening is delayed from the September timeframe that they mentioned when the opening was announced in July, but two weeks late isn't too bad for a project as complex as a movie theater that also offers in-theater dining.
Located near the intersection of US 75 and Spring Valley Road, the new theater is less than a 3.5 mile drive from the Studio Movie Grill - Dallas / Royal to the South. About four miles to the West is the AMC Valley View 16 as well, so it will have some competition for the hearts, minds, and most importantly, the wallets of the moviegoing public. Why there are two Studio Movie Grills in such close proximity is a puzzle, but there's probably some logic that escapes the casual observer.
If you go to the Studio Movie Grill - Spring Valley, please let us know what you thought of the experience by leaving a message on its Reader Comments page!
Source: Studio Movie Grill web site
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.