Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Channelside Cinemas 10
- Channelside IMAX
- Channelside Sony Giant Screen Digital
Add Your Comments
- Green Bay, WI: Silver Cinemas - East Town Budget Cinemas Closed [2/10]
- Milwaukee, WI: Former State Theater Severely Damaged by Fire [2/10]
- Lincoln, NE: Recliners Coming to Marcus Lincoln Grand Cinema [2/9]
- Orlando, FL: Cinemark Movie Theater Changes Name After Artegon Marketplace Closure [2/6]
- Kalamazoo, MI: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Closing in April 2017, New Operator Expected [2/6]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Soft Opening on February 7, 2017 [2/1]
- Englewood, CO: UA Greenwood Plaza 12 Closed [1/31]
- Huntington Beach, CA: Regency Charter Centre Cinemas 5 Closed [1/31]
- Sitka, AK: Coliseum Theatre - Sawmill Creek Plaza Closed, Downtown Location Remains Open [1/31]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Opening February 10, 2017 [1/27]
The Channelside Cinemas 10 in Tampa, Florida closed on September 25, 2012, according to an article in The Tampa Tribune:
Channelside Cinemas has turned out the lights on its last movie, becoming the latest tenant to close at the troubled complex.
The theater company closed Tuesday night after a long and bitter fight with the landlord managing the property.
"That's it," said theater owner Howard Edelman. "I shut it down and turned in the keys."
Still, Edelman is quick to point out a bright side. Now he can focus on building his next two theaters: One in Carrollwood and another in Riverview, both with high-end robotic seats and gourmet food.
The Channelside shutdown was almost inevitable as the theater had filed bankruptcy last August and couldn't come to terms with the current landlord.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The theater opened in 2000 as a 9-screen Regal Cinemas location. An IMAX theater was added, but then lost the IMAX branding a few years ago (it was then labeled as a "Giant Screen Cinema").
Above photo courtesy of the Channelside Cinemas 10 Facebook page, dated August 24, 2011.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.