Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Remembering a Fun Event on "Back to the Future Day" [10/21]
- "The Lion King" Sequel "The Lion Guard: Return Of The Roar" to Appear on Disney Channel November 22, 2015 [10/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: A Look Inside the Lyric Theater (Closed in 1952) [10/7]
- Watch the New Trailer for "Jaws 19" [10/6]
- How the President Watches Movies - The White House Family Theater [10/1]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" Taking Over IMAX Theaters for 4 Weeks [9/2]
- Sony Changed "Concussion" to Avoid Issues with the NFL - NY Times [9/2]
- Jefferson, WI: Highway 18 Outdoor Theatre Featured on News 3, New Photos Added [7/20]
- Collectible "Terminator Genisys" Posters and Tickets at 3D Showings at AMC, Carmike, Cinemark, Marcus, and Regal Locations [6/29]
- Watch the First Five Minutes of "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation" in IMAX Theaters Ahead of "Terminator Genisys: An IMAX 3D Experience [6/29]
Motion picture archivist and historian Bob Furmanek maintains a web site called the 3-D Film Archive, and he and Greg Kintz just published an article titled "An In-Depth Look at CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON" and it's a treasure-trove of information about the making of the movie, with great information about how it came to be filmed in 3D as well as some looks at the recent Blu-ray release of the movie in 2D and 3D.
If you are interested in 3D and/or the movie itself, it's well worth your time to read through it. If you have a pair of anaglyph 3D glasses, you can enjoy looking at the many examples provided there. It's a great read, and you'll probably end up wanting to see the movie in a theater or ordering the Blu-ray release as a result!
The Blu-ray release is currently only available in the US as part of the Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection [Blu-ray], but you can order the movie by itself (or the entire collection with different packaging than the US) through Amazon's UK store for a great price.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.