Remove ads with our VIP Service
- iPic Theatres at Bayshore Town Center
- Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas
Menomonee Falls, WI
- Marcus Northtown Cinemas
- Rosebud Cinema Drafthouse
- Fox Bay Cinema Grill
Whitefish Bay, WI
Add Your Comments
- Boston, MA: Museum of Science Opens 4-D Theater [7/31]
- Covington, LA: Movie Tavern Northshore Opening July 31, 2014 [7/25]
- Youngstown, OH: Cinemark Movies 8 Reopens as Boardman Movies 8 [7/18]
- "The Giver: World Premiere Red Carpet Event" Coming to Select Theaters Ahead of Movie's Release [7/14]
- Lansing, MI: Lansing Mall Gains Regal Cinema, Loses Lansing Mall Cinema [7/11]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Reopening Delayed [7/11]
- Towson, MD: Cinemark Towson and XD Opens Today [7/10]
- Warner Robins, GA: GTC Parkway 6 Cinemas to Close [7/9]
- Akron, OH: Nightlight Cinema Now Open [7/2]
- Lancaster, OH: Regal River Valley Mall 10 Closed [7/1]
The Marcus Northtown Cinemas in Milwaukee, Wisconsin closed this weekend, according to a post on the theater's Facebook page. The theater was located on Milwaukee's Northwest side, near Good Hope Road and 76th Street.
We were just notified of this, and have not found any news coverage or official press release from Marcus Theatres Corporation. However, the theater's Facebook page did announce the closure yesterday, and the theater's entry on Marcus' site is no longer viewable.
We have some photos that we took in 2009 of the theater, so head over to the Photo Gallery to view them.
Moviegoers in the area will need to drive a little longer to see movies on the big screen now. The nearest movie theaters are the Fox Bay Cinema Grill and iPic Theatres at Bayshore Town Center to the East in the Bayshore Mall area, the Rosebud Cinema Drafthouse and AMC Mayfair Mall 18 to the South in/near Mayfair Mall, and the Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas to the Northwest. For more choices, you can view a list of all theaters within 10 miles of the Northtown Cinema's location.
I saw Far and Away at this theater in 1992 in 70mm, and the experience was very impressive. The theater was nothing special, but it was the closest movie theater at the time, and it also was playing the movie in 70mm. Seeing that movie at that theater, and then seeing the same movie during a home theater demonstration got me into what was a new hobby back then.
Related News Articles
- Marcus closes northwest Milwaukee cinema site - JSOnline [Nov 1, 2012]
Do You Have Memories of Seeing Movies at the Northtown Cinema?
Please share them on the Reader Comments page for the Marcus Northtown Cinemas!
Photo above Copyright 2009 SVJ Designs, LLC All Rights Reserved. Thanks to reader Cassandra for giving us the heads-up!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.