Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Moviehouse & Eatery
Add Your Comments
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Theatres Takes Over Former Regal Glen 10 Location [11/18]
- Hornell, NY: Movie Theater to Reopen in December [11/18]
- West Valley City, UT: Carmike Ritz 15 - Hollywood Connection Closed [11/17]
- St. Charles, MO: AMC Streets of St Charles 8 Opening November 17, 2014 [11/14]
- Glenview, IL: Regal Glen 10 Closed [11/4]
- North Little Rock, AR: Cinemark Tandy Movies 10 Closed [11/4]
- Cincinnati, OH: The Screens at Cincinnati Mall Opens in Former Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Site [10/24]
- Aurora, CO: Aurora Movie Tavern Debuts New Amenities [10/24]
- El Monte, CA: Edwards El Monte 8 Closed [10/24]
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
The Galaxy Moviehouse & Eatery in Austin, Texas is opening on Friday, November 9, 2012.
The Austin Business Journal published an article about the new theater on November 1st titled "Developers put Galaxy Moviehouse & Eatery in orbit"
The upscale entertainment venue presents itself as the best-of-class but with more affordable pricing than comparable theaters. The first showing is Nov. 9. "Skyfall," the 007 spy thriller, will play on the DFX screen, one of the largest in Texas at four stories tall. There are 11 screens in all with a variety of first run movies.
“We view ourselves more as a family entertainment destination and we think the value for the dollar is better than at other theaters,” said General Manager Mark McLaughlin.
Click the Read link below to view the full article and some photos of the theater.
Five of the eleven auditoriums will offer in-theater dining, which are for guests 18 and up only, unless accompanied by a parent, while the remaining six are traditional general admission auditoriums (all ages welcome).
The theater is owned by Trails Cinema Partners, and it will be operated by Galaxy Theatres, which operates 12 other locations in California, Nevada, Texas, and Washington.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.