Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- ArcLight La Jolla
San Diego, CA
Add Your Comments
- Menomonee Falls, WI: Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas Getting Take Five and Zaffiro's [6/30]
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
- Thousand Oaks, CA: Regal Janss Marketplace 9 Grand Opening on June 9, 2016 [6/8]
- Mooresville, IN: Showtime Cinema Announces 2016 Summer Kids' Movie Series [6/7]
- Monterey, CA: Osio Theater Now Open [5/31]
- Watch Free Movies at Flagship Cinemas During "Camp Flagship 2016" [5/31]
- Free Summer Movies at Santikos Theatres [5/31]
- Watch Free Kid-Friendly Movies This Summer at Allen Theatres Locations [5/27]
- Kids Summer Movies at Megaplex Theatres - 10 Movies 10 Weeks for $10 [5/27]
The ArcLight La Jolla in La Jolla, California is now open, according to a press release issued yesterday by Arclight Cinema Company, a company created by Pacific Theatres. The other hint was that their Showtimes page for the theater suddenly had some useful information to display...
The ArcLight locations specialize in a different movie-going experience, with reserved seating in every auditorium and an emphasis on delivering a great presentation, fewer disuptions, and unique programming such as special events featuring Q&A's with those in the movie industry.
“Since 2002, our mission has been to create a place where people can enjoy going to the movies to escape from everyday life and immerse themselves in the film,” said Gretchen McCourt, executive vice president, cinema programming. “We’ve spent ten years perfecting the concept of a hassle-free moviegoing experience and are so proud to be opening our doors to a community of such avid movie lovers. Once you visit ArcLight La Jolla, you won’t want to see a movie anywhere else.”
The new theater has 14 screens and seats 1,800 people when the last available ticket is sold. The theater's web site is advertising what they are calling the "ArcLight Wide Screen," which boasts a wide, curved screen that has "a 15% larger viewing area than a normal screen" (but we don't know exactly what size it is), a Meyer Sound EXP System™ for the audio side of things, topped off with the Dolby Atmos package to add the final layer of icing on the theater's cake.
Unfortunately, their showtimes for this week do not include any information about which shows are in this auditorium (their web site identifies the 6pm, 9pm, and 11pm shows of Skyfall as playing tonight). They do have those showtimes identified with "WS" in the notes for the opening of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey on December 14th (view the Showtimes page for 12/14/2012), including HFR shows of the 3D version of the movie.
A sit-down cafe welcomes customers with the usual concessions as well as items from local vendors. The ArcLight La Jolla also features exhibits from movies that are currently playing, such as arcade games for Wreck-It Ralph and some costumes worn by Keira Knightley in the upcoming Anna Karenina.
Tickets for movies playing at the ArcLight La Jolla are available online, so you don't have to wait to get to the theater to buy your tickets! Just visit the Showtimes page and find the showtime for the movie you want and click on it to be taken to our online ticketing partner to complete the transaction.
Let Us Know What You Think of the New Theater!
After you've gone to the theater, be sure to leave a comment on the Reader Comments page so your fellow readers will know what you thought about your experience!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.