Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Pacific Winnetka All Stadium 21
Add Your Comments
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
- North Bethesda, MD: Luxury iPic Movie Theater and Restaurant Coming to Pike & Rose [10/7]
- Hilo, HI: Regal Kress Cinemas 4 Closed [10/3]
- "Interstellar" to be Released on 35mm, 70mm, and 70mm IMAX Film Two Days Early - See Why and Where [10/2]
- Huber Heights, OH: Rave Cinemas Huber Heights 16 Getting Luxury Recliners, Upgraded Lobby and Concession Area [10/2]
- Londonderry, NH: Apple Tree Mall Cinema 12 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
- Lansing, IL: Lansing Cinema 8 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
- Fort Lauderdale, FL: AutoNation IMAX 3D Theater Closed for Renovation - Reopening Scheduled for October 10, 2014 [9/29]
- Sunrise, FL: Frank Theatres - Sunrise 11 Reopens as AMC Sunrise 8 [9/29]
- Springfield, OR: Discount Cinemark Movies 12 Closing [9/26]
The Pacific Winnetka All Stadium 21 in Chatsworth, California recently upgraded auditorium #9 with a new sound system from Meyer Sound, and a press release issued by that company details the upgrades that were done. They also included a video of audience reactions to watching Thor 3D.
The full press release, along with the video, appears below.
Pacific Theatres Winnetka 21 Installs New Meyer Sound EXP Cinema System (with Video)
The breathtaking impact of Meyer Sound's EXP cinema loudspeaker systems was driven home by the first screening of "Thor" on screen 9 at Pacific Winnetka 21 multiplex in Chatsworth, a suburb of Los Angeles, Calif. Working in tandem with a new Dolby 3D projection system, the heightened sonic experience of EXP cinema sound technology is a key component of Pacific Theatres' "Immersive 3D Experience."
In order to give moviegoers an enhanced 3D experience with the sonic impact that they cannot get in conventional cinemas or at home, Pacific Theatres management chose to install a permanent Meyer Sound EXP cinema sound system.
"The accurate delivery of the creative content is of the utmost importance to the movie going experience and the EXP System exceeded our expectations. Meyer Sound was very professional in their approach to the design of the sound system while effectively collaborating with all of our partners in the project. It was a pleasure to partner with Meyer for this renovation," says Joe Miraglia, Director of Design, Construction and Facilities for Pacific Theatres.
The Meyer Sound EXP installation—the first of its kind to be installed in a California commercial cinema—was part of a thorough technology and amenities upgrade for screen #9 of the multiplex. The all self-powered EXP system comprises Acheron 100 and Acheron LF screen channel loudspeakers, flush-mounted HMS-10 surround loudspeakers, and X-800C cinema subwoofers. The system is precisely optimized by a Galileo loudspeaker management system with Galileo 616 and Galileo 408 processors.
The EXP audio upgrade complements the new 79-foot wall-to-wall curved screen, which helps simulate the feeling of being surrounded. New dual digital NEC projectors equipped with the Dolby 3D system were installed to create a crisp, bright image. The auditorium was completely refurbished including new wider, more comfortable seating.
The extensive technology upgrade package was installed by Universal Cinema Services of Euless, Texas in conjunction with ACS Enterprises of Walnut, Calif. under the supervision of the Dolby technical team. Audio system design was provided by Meyer Sound Design Services using the MAPP Online Cinema acoustical prediction program.
Pacific Theatres operates eight cinema locations with more than 100 screens in Southern California, while a sister company, ArcLight Cinemas, operates an additional 61 screens at four locations in the same area. Both exhibitors are owned by the Decurion Corporation of Los Angeles.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.