Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Marketplace 8
Orange City, FL
Add Your Comments
- Saline, MI: Opening Date for Emagine Saline is March 18, 2017 [2/22]
- Green Bay, WI: Silver Cinemas - East Town Budget Cinemas Closed [2/10]
- Milwaukee, WI: Former State Theater Severely Damaged by Fire [2/10]
- Lincoln, NE: Recliners Coming to Marcus Lincoln Grand Cinema [2/9]
- Orlando, FL: Cinemark Movie Theater Changes Name After Artegon Marketplace Closure [2/6]
- Kalamazoo, MI: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Closing in April 2017, New Operator Expected [2/6]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Soft Opening on February 7, 2017 [2/1]
- Englewood, CO: UA Greenwood Plaza 12 Closed [1/31]
- Huntington Beach, CA: Regency Charter Centre Cinemas 5 Closed [1/31]
- Sitka, AK: Coliseum Theatre - Sawmill Creek Plaza Closed, Downtown Location Remains Open [1/31]
The Marketplace 8 in Orange City, Florida closed at the end of August 2012, citing increased competition in the business as the reason. Fortunately for moviegoers in the area, a new company is coming in and planned to reopen the theater on November 9, 2012:
"We look forward to serving the community," said Venkat Vattikuti, vice president of Colonial Six. "We hope they will support us."
Colonial Six manages six other movie theaters in Central and South Florida. The company plans to focus on first-run movies and low-priced tickets with its Orange City theater.
"We feel like we have a pretty good crowd from DeLand and Deltona to support a first-run theater with a reasonable price," Vattikuti said, adding the company plans to charge $5 to $6 for adult tickets.
The company plans to spend about $25,000 cleaning and repairing the theater before it opens, Vattikuti said. The theater will employ about 15 people, he added.
The company might perform more extensive upgrades after the theater opens. "We want to see how the response will be before we start putting more money in," Vattikuti said.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The original open date has passed and we can't find any evidence that they did open last Friday, but we do have showtimes for them starting on this Friday, November 16th, which is close enough. (We're being told that the theater will support online ticketing, but the links aren't working just yet.) To see what's playing at the theater, head over to the Showtimes page for the Marketplace 8 and have fun at the movies!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.