Remove ads with our VIP Service
- AMC Festival Plaza 16
- AMC Destin Commons 14 + IMAX
- AMC Baton Rouge 16
Baton Rouge, LA
- AMC Mall of Louisiana 15
Baton Rouge, LA
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
- Lawrenceville, GA: GTC Town Center Value Cinemas Closed [3/18]
- Queen Creek, AZ: Harkins Queen Creek 14 Opening March 19, 2015 [3/16]
- Los Angeles, CA: 9-Screen Cinemark Playa Vista and XD Now Open [3/13]
- Nicholasville, KY: AmStar 14 - Brannon Crossing to Become Movie Tavern Location in June 2015 [3/12]
- Lewiston, ME: Flagship Cinemas Closed [3/12]
AMC Entertainment announced yesterday that it will be acquiring four locations from Rave Cinemas. The four theaters total 61 screens, all of which have been converted to Digital Cinema Projection systems, and almost half are capable of 3D presentations.
The locations affected are the Rave Motion Pictures Festival Plaza 16 in Montgomery, Alabama, Rave Motion Pictures Destin Commons 14 in Destin, Florida, and the Rave Motion Pictures Baton Rouge 16 and Rave Motion Pictures Mall of Louisiana 15 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
"We are pleased to add these four theatres to our quality fleet of locations. This is a natural progression of business that we anticipated following our own acquisition by the Wanda Group,” said Gerry Lopez, AMC CEO and president. “With this strategic acquisition, we are adding new markets to our footprint and serving a new audience in the South and Southeast. We’re very excited to bring our amazing movie-going experience to these new parts of the country.”
The acquisitions are pending approvals, and no time frame was provided in the press release for when these locations would begin their transitions to the AMC ownership and branding. If you have Rave Cinemas gift cards and these are the only Rave Cinemas locations accessible to you, we advise you to use them before the transitions happen. In some cases, gift cards from such acquisitions are honored for a short time, but unless you hear differently from an official of the companies involved, assume that their usefulness ends when the Rave signage comes down.
This acquisition is the third in the last several weeks. In October, Carmike announced that it would be picking up 16 locations from Rave, and Cinemark announced recently that it would be taking 32 locations. That leaves just ten locations that Rave still has and are unaccounted for, but one wonders if that is just a matter of time.
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.