Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones in 3D 
- Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith in 3D 
Add Your Comments
- Buy Your Tickets to "Deadpool" Now! [2/3]
- Disney Moves "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" to May 2017, Sony's "Spider-Man" and "Jumanji" Shuffle [1/20]
- Release Date for "Star Wars: Episode VIII" Pushed to December 2017 [1/20]
- New Video Provider Means Trailers for More Movies [12/16]
- Watch the Trailer for "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" [12/15]
- New Photos Added for "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2" [11/20]
- Watch the New Trailer for "Finding Dory" [11/10]
- Get $4 off your purchase of 2 or more tickets to "Spectre" or "The Peanuts Movie" - through 11/10/15 [11/6]
- "The Divergent Series" Changes Final Installments [9/21]
- Escanaba, MI: Photos Added for Willow Creek Cinema 8 [9/19]
Lucasfilm confirmed this week that the next two 3D releases of the prequels will be as follows:
|Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones 3D||September 20th, 2013|
|Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith 3D||October 4th, 2013|
You may notice that the release date for the latter movie has been moved up a week since the original release date announcement in September. Even though the dates haven't changed substantially, it's good to get this confirmation from the company since it was sold to Disney by George Lucas in October.
"This trilogy really builds as it continues," says ILM's Dennis Muren, "and Episodes II and III feature shots of increased complexity and detail that really lend themselves to a deeper, more powerful 3D experience. Also, the action definitely ramps up as the galaxy plunges into war, so there are more opportunities to place the audience in the thick of some truly spectacular sequences."
The first prequel movie to get the 3D treatment, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace 3D, was released in theaters in February 2012.
Source: Star Wars Official Web Site
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.