Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- "The Interview" Release Scrapped [12/17]
- Des Moines, IA: Flix Brewhouse to Open in Merle Hay Mall December 17, 2014 [12/16]
- Des Moines, IA: Merle Hay Mall Cinema Closes, Flix Brewhouse to Open in Mall on Wednesday [12/16]
- Rocklin, CA: Studio Movie Grill Opening Soon [12/12]
- Baldwin, NY: Bow Tie Grand Avenue Cinemas Closed [12/11]
- Next James Bond Movie Has a Title: "Spectre" - Look at the Poster, the Car, see the Cast List, and watch the Announcement! [12/4]
- Carlsbad, CA: Moviemax Closes, Regal Carlsbad 12 Set to Open December 11, 2014 [12/3]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Theatres Takes Over Former Regal Glen 10 Location [11/18]
- Hornell, NY: Movie Theater to Reopen in December [11/18]
- West Valley City, UT: Carmike Ritz 15 - Hollywood Connection Closed [11/17]
The Los Gatos Cinema in Los Gatos, California closed on September 30, 2012, but is planning to reopen in June 2013 after remodeling is completed, according to an article today in the Los Gatos Patch:
The marquee lights for the Los Gatos Theater were turned off Sept. 30 and they could remain dark until June of next year when its owners hope to have a newly remodeled cinema for town residents and visitors to enjoy.
Located at 41 No. Santa Cruz Ave. and owned by Three Sisters, LLC, the movie house's interior and exterior are being planned for a major upgrade.
Click the Read link below to view the full article. The end of the article mentions that a local high school student is blogging about the progress of the theater's project at www.losgatostheater.com.
The theater was being operated by Camera Cinemas, which has three other locations in California. Their web site has a page which mentions that the theater opened for business in 1915 as the Strand Theater. A fire damaged the theater in 1929, and the subsequent remodeling/repair gave it an Art Deco theme and it was renamed the Premiere Theater. It was renamed the Gatos Theater in the 1940's and then to Los Gatos Cinema when Camera Cinemas acquired it in 1993.
Moviegoers in the Los Gatos area will need to travel to see movies on the big screen until the theater reopens, with the closest theater being the CineLux Plaza Theatre, about eight miles away in Campbell. There are seven other theaters within ten miles.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.