Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Star Trek 
- Star Trek Into Darkness 
- Star Trek Into Darkness 3D 
- Star Trek Into Darkness: An IMAX 3D Experience 
Add Your Comments
- Trailer for "Terminator: Genisys" Now Available [12/4]
- Lenoir, NC: Carmike Westgate Twin [12/4]
- Trailer for "Jurassic World" Released Ahead of Schedule [11/25]
- Teaser Trailer for "The Divergent Series: Insurgent" Just Released [11/13]
- Watch the Trailer for "Taken 3" [9/30]
- Photos Added for "No Good Deed" [9/5]
- Final Trailer Added for "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" [6/19]
- New Photos Added for "Think Like A Man Too" [6/17]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "22 Jump Street" [6/6]
- "Jupiter Ascending" Moved to February 2015, "Run All Night" Bumped [6/5]
A poster and an announcement trailer have been released for the upcoming movie, Star Trek Into Darkness, which opens in theaters on May 17th, 2013. The movie continues the rebooted Star Trek series that began with Star Trek in 2009.
The city in the background of the poster (you can see larger version on the Photo Gallery page) is London, so it would seem that the city will play a part in the movie.
In the official synopsis from Paramount, we have the following storyline:
When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.
With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.
As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.
The trailer can be found on the Trailers & Videos page, and it's packed with eye candy, so you're going to want to download the big version and hit pause a few times after watching it the first time. One of my favorite scenes is that of a ship rising from the ocean; it's a cool effect!
The Quicktime link has multiple versions of the trailer in different languages, and if you watch the Japanese version, you'll notice an extra scene which was omitted in the U.S. version. I haven't watched the others to see if there are more differences, so feel free to let us know if you find any!
On December 14th, there will be an extended preview for the movie in IMAX 3D, and the official web site also mentions an exclusive teaser coming December 17th.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.